Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't use the nissan app every day, opened it yesterday, had to login and accept "terms and conditions" and now there is a shopping cart at the top right hand corner.
Opening it shows my features? Seems some of my subscriptions end next year ? Like "premium maps"
I honestly had no idea that I would need to pay for this going forward?
If this is the case then it's Google maps for me.

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
3,828 Posts
I don't use the nissan app every day, opened it yesterday, had to login and accept "terms and conditions" and now there is a shopping cart at the top right hand corner.
Opening it shows my features? Seems some of my subscriptions end next year ? Like "premium maps"
I honestly had no idea that I would need to pay for this going forward?
If this is the case then it's Google maps for me.
You are not wrong. Just noticed the basket in mine after a recent update.
I won't be paying for anything and will be complaining to Nissan because there was no mention of paid subscriptions for anything when I bought the car. They cannot just impose these ad hoc.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Charging for SatNav updates is a racket common to pretty much all car manufacturers. I'm sure there would have been something in the relevant small print. Whilst I have been surprised on how good the built-in SatNav is, depending on how much they want for it, I would probably use a decent app through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto instead rather than pay for an update.

The full list of NissanConnect services, and how long you get them for free is:

Package name Years of free service
Battery Manager 7
Driving History & Analysis 7
Technical Product 10
Remote Control Services 3
Maps & Live Traffic 3
Smart Alerts 3
Vehicle Health 3

The shortest of the above, 3 years, is also the standard warranty period, of course. Nissan throw in various free services, like breakdown cover, if you carry on getting the car serviced with them. Perhaps they will also throw in some free updates?

(What would be very cool is if they adopted Toyota's new model, and increased the warranty.)

Kind regards
- Garry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts