Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nextgreencar.com/news/6386/Nissan-to-lead-Rapid-Charge-Network

Obviously, news of anyadditional rapid chargers anywhere must be seen as a good thing but with so many announcements in the past few years that have not come to fruition I am sorry to say that I am holding fire of getting out the bunting just yet. If this is an additional 74 rapid chargers, over and above the ones already committed or installed in dealers and in the Ecotricity Electric Highway, then this is truly great news. I would like Nissan to clarify that they are additional though before I place too much credence on this announcement.

Also, from that list of locations in that article it doesn't hold out much hope for those living in some of the areas ignored by the rapid charge installers so far... such as the south-west. It would be great if they used this as a great opportunity to expland the network to include all of the country. I look forward to hearing mre details and seeing precisely where they are going.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Gareth Dean, Communications Manager for Nissan Europe, twittered me yesterday to confirm they are extra. He will get back to me with more details if he can.

Looking good!

PS... Don't forget that these are multi-standard and will charge any car that can rapid charge so it is of benefit to all EV drivers with a rapid charge capability... Nissan Leaf, BMW i3, Renault Zoe etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts