Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone,

We recently took delivery of our Leaf. We are loving almost every minute of it. I say almost, because we haven't got access to 100% of its features as yet. By this I mean that I am completely unable to register for Nissan+You, thus cannot use Carwings.

I know it is not necessary for the car to function properly etc etc but it is one of the (albeit very small) reasons that I bought the car in the first place.

Basically, I have been trying to register my car's VIN/Reg since Sunday 15th June, we collected the car Monday 16th June (the Nissan website says to register before collecting the car), and since then the furthest I have got is the red error message that says that my details have not been recognised.

I have contacted Nissan a couple of times and each time have been told it will be 2-3 days for the IT department to rectify the problem. The problem being that my car is one of a batch that their system doesn't recognise the details of.

Now, I am no programmer, but I am pretty sure it is a case of editing a programme to include the details of the car. I am happy for this to take 2-3 days to be completed, although don't believe the actual task would take more than a few minutes

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello Seano,

Yes, it seems that bit of Carwings is broken at the moment. There's a thread about it over on LeafTalk but the short answer is that after a couple of weeks of angry phone calls, live chats and emails, senior management are involved and the hope is that there will be a fix - or at least, an update - sometime next week. The Nissan Advisory Group have also been alerted.

We've just taken delivery of our new Leaf too - so are also *extremely* cross about this!

Sorry, meant to add, there's a latest update which Nissan have said can be shared:

Ok quick update. Mike Lee from the office of James Wright MD has called me this afternoon. Had no new information but told me situation was inexcusable for Leaf customers and he would be straight onto it. Will be calling me on Monday for an update. I explained us Leafers are a loyal bunch and have really brought into this whole EV lifestyle and deserve better. This issue was causing lots of negative feeling and Nissan needed to get it sorted asap. He fully agreed and was more than happy for me to share our conversation with forum members. Hopefully positive engagement was the week draws to a close.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Hopefully positive engagement was the week draws to a close.
What are these comments mean?

;)

Carwings and the telemetry do seem generally flakey and a rather disappointing feature to me. Really could do with being much more user friendly in terms of the car, the phone app AND the website.

Problems like this don't help, my car wouldn't work at first either, can't remember how it was resolved but it was quick (this was a year ago and not related to the current issues).

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
@Paul It obviously means "All your base are belong to us:. :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi. I must now be famous as they are my comments. Noticed some spelling mistakes though. I had further call today saying the fix should be Wednesday or Thursday. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its a pity that Nissan can't make it public information that it may be fixed wed or thurs. ie everytime i try to register why not change the error message so that we at least know they are doing something about it. Lets just hope that it is fixed next week.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Its a pity that Nissan can't make it public information that it may be fixed wed or thurs. ie everytime i try to register why not change the error message so that we at least know they are doing something about it. Lets just hope that it is fixed next week.
Far too many big – and otherwise good – companies undervalue useful error messages and the reassurance they can provide.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I picked up my leaf, similar issues. Mine were more at the car end, I could sign in on the website nothing would register at the car end. Turns out some genius at the garage had disabled the SIM in my car and all it needed was a quick setting change in the garage.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Further call from Directors Office today. Nissan Europe are working on a fix but still can't give timescale. This is contrary to other info I have had from Nissan as they were quoting Wednesday or Thursday this week. The registration issue is effecting any Leaf built from May 2014

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for late reply everybody. Thank you all for your responses.

I just tried (probably optimistically) to register again aaannnddd of course it is still a great big nope!

Ho hum...will keep trying :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right then, @philsuarez was absolutely correct. I managed to get setup for carwings about 20.30 last night. Only thing couldn't do was get it setup in the car. I put this down to living in the sticks as the error message I get is "no signal".

However, this morning I have arrived at work in a large town and I get the same message.

Anyone have any idea why?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Press MENU
2. Choose "CARWINGS"
3. Choose "CARWINGS Settings"
4. Choose "Security Settings"
5. Enter your User ID
6. Enter your Password
7. Select "Activate Security Settings"

I sat in my car last night and did the above. I got a no signal error first time ( when car was attempting to connect to Carwings) but second time it worked fine. Took it a couple of minutes though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If it does not work then you may need a quick Comms reset at dealer. The car goes into a default mode if it has attempted to connect more than 12 times when first driven from new. I've had my car a few weeks now so this is what has happened to mine. As the system was down my leaf has defaulted. Awaiting call from Mat at dealer this morning as to when I can pop in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah. Yeah, reckon I have tried it say, something like, oh no more than, say, ahem...30 odd times

What? I was excited ;)

Will arrange to pop into dealer ASAP. Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ok been into dealer, car is reset and Carwings working. Whilst it's basic I'm actually impressed with the functions I can now access. Turing on the aircon via remote in this heat is really useful.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I seem to be up and running now apart from being able to see my driving history etc. I can control vehicle settings. This must be linked to a lack of history displaying on screen whilst in the vehicle when i have a look, as it only ever shows the history of the trip I'm on. I saw a screen shot in the manual that displayed lots of info on the screen. I have followed the instruction from carwings site and it is all on and correct.Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts