Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Newbie Leaf owner here: I have a 2020 62kWH leaf.

I have paired the car to the nissan connect services app. All I can see is the odometer reading, in the profile page I can see that a lot of services are "active" but some still awaiting activation. this has been like this for a day now.

Do I simply have to wait or is there something else I need to do?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
It will take a few minutes to update all the information.
Have you connected the car to your home wi-fi?
I noticed in mine that switching to the battery screen I would have to click on the update button to get the information and the same with the heating.
If you get the ODO then it is connected, but nissan connect services are as fast as roadworks in the British motorways... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Contact Nissan Customer Services and let them know. I got 27/32 services active in about 12 hours. The remaining 5 are proving stubborn so am waiting for Customer Services to poke them along. Not expecting it to happen quickly based on other people's experience.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I will give that a try. How do I connect leaf to WiFi ? I try pressing WiFi but it just says on and lights up white when I press that button ?

in terms of contacting Nissan I can never get to speak with anyone who deals with the app. Any advice ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok I will give that a try. How do I connect leaf to WiFi ? I try pressing WiFi but it just says on and lights up white when I press that button ?

in terms of contacting Nissan I can never get to speak with anyone who deals with the app. Any advice ?
I emailed them and they respond eventually. In terms of Wifi, I was stuck initially and then next time I pressed and held, it came on (yellow button) and the networks appeared. I believe it only sees 2.4GhZ and channels 1-11 so you need to check your router. Also I made sure my phone wasn't connected to the car (but I have no idea whether that has any effect)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I will give that a try , I currently have 12 out of 32 services after four hours is that normal ?

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
709 Posts
That happened to me, in the end I re-registered with different user & email & it worked straight away.. Think mine was a software glitch that didn't like the upgrade to new app using older user profile I had for last leaf...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just tried that now but it would not activate it a new account with a different email address!!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My e+ has been trying to activate for 48 hours now. At 4am today and still the case at lunchtime it had activated 24/32 functions; it's now crept up to 25/32 (I think the extra one has been UID 35 : App based Navigation (aka send a route from another device to car).

Have been in contact with Nissan Tech dept but not very impressed. Response to initial query last Friday wasn't received till Tuesday and they sounded surprised that I should ever have imagined I'd be able to use my You+Nissan login credentials and expressed doubt that I'd even been able to add an e+ to MyGarage (I could and did - it just didn't function !). All sorts of helpful suggestions but no reassurance that trying any of them wouldn't run the risk of de-activating any of the functions that are working so I'm just letting the process run. Have to admit that none of the missing functions are ones that I'm desperately needing (e.g. I wouldn't expect to rely on the car to recommend a restaurant; indeed I'm not even sure I'd want to eat in one recommended by the Nissan software team !) but it would be nice to think that they'd all work if needed.

I really can't see why they've removed PC access to the car - I'd find it much more convenient than faffing about on a mini-screen.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thanks I will give that a try , I currently have 12 out of 32 services after four hours is that normal ?
If you believe the app, 15 mins to 4hrs is 'normal' for all 32. Alas, that's not been my experience !

With a bit of luck you should have the full set by Easter :devilish:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It sounds like I am not the only one with this problem. To be honest this car has cost me a LOT of money. The tech support are not helpful. I am more than happy to lead a joint effort to get this made more public if anyone wants to do that ? The car does not do what it claims to do in the advert so I would say we have a good chance of compensation

anyone want to join me in this ?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Still 25/32 at lunchtime today. I can't even log into the app since then - no idea why.

Have given up & asked Nissan helpdesk to delete existing profile completely (but on past form I'm not expecting to hear that they've done that till Tuesday !).

Have also uninstalled the NC app and reinstalled a fresh copy. When (If ??) I hear that old profile has gone I'll try and create a new profile using a different email address,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine had no changed to 18 out of 32 and can flash my lights. Progress but nowhere near enough

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Mine had no changed to 18 out of 32 and can flash my lights. Progress but nowhere near enough
I still couldn't flash my lights when it got to 26/32 (and 60hrs trying).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crikey I am lucky !!! 40k and can flash my lights !! I am still waiting to hear back from tech support. It is definitely not a phone issue as I have installed in android and iPhone and both the same

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Even when it is fully working, it is still flakey. Activating the pre-heating or cooling is now 100% reliable for me, except when the weather is either cold or hot i.e. when you actually want to use it.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I’ve not yet heard from Nissan that they have deleted my app account as requested yesterday afternoon but since the app no longer accepts my login credentials and hasn’t sent me a link to change password (in lieu of letting me change PW) I thought they must have done. The car is still letting me check for satnav updates so that’s at least one activated function that hasn’t been lost but I can’t check how many of the others are active as I can’t log in.

I was therefore inclined to think that I should now be able to re-register with fresh credentials.

(Conversely, trying to log into another You+Nissan account for user that I'd tried to set up for the e+ still evokes the response “you’ve not yet replied to the activation email” (or words to that effect) so I assume they’ve not yet zapped that account. It shouldn’t make a huge difference as the account never having been activated obviously can’t be associated with my car.)

Alas !

I have created a new account with another email address as username and a similar password to that I’d used earlier quite easily and received the confirmation mail which when I’d responded told me I could now log in.

BUT , app responds to the (correct) U-name & PW with “Authentication Failed” ! I absolutely hadn’t forgotten the PW that I’d entered 5 mins previously but pretended that I had and asked for the password reset instructions. No response to that request.

Tried ringing the Nissan customer helpline only to hear that they won’t bother to answer any calls until Monday.

All in all, a rather frustrating day ! Thank goodness that I'm not relying on the app for any useful information.

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
709 Posts
When I re-registered mine to finally get full access after 3 failed attempts I deleted the car 1st, then connected the car to my wireless network at home whilst sat in the car on my drive.. After going through the chassis number etc all over again & confirming different email address the app had all options working in a few minutes..
Don't know if it was the wireless connection that helped or what but it was finally working ?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Unlike most other contributors to this page, I had no bother at all in connecting to the home wifi signal. Getting the app to talk to the car the first time was no problem at all but activation was taking forever (3 days +). I've asked Nissan to cancel the first account and tell me when they've done that but not sure whether they have or not. No advice that they had but app stopped working before I could delete the car. Now tried twice more to register new accounts (each using different email accounts), both received requests to validate address but neither of them have been able to log in after being told I now could.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I re-registered mine to finally get full access after 3 failed attempts I deleted the car 1st, then connected the car to my wireless network at home whilst sat in the car on my drive.. After going through the chassis number etc all over again & confirming different email address the app had all options working in a few minutes..
Don't know if it was the wireless connection that helped or what but it was finally working ?
Just to confirm a few things so I can try this :

you deleted the vehicle from the app, then you created a new login ?

did you have to leave it some time before adding the leaf to the new login ?

is this with a leaf 2020 model ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts