Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've recently got a Nissan Leaf 40 (2019). I've been trying to get the NissanConnectEV working...
I downloaded the app, pressed 'Register' and it said 'Select Country', so I select UK and the Register button disappears!
So I signed up though ie.nissanconnect.eu which worked and I could login and control the car, but it was all in km not miles, and I understand that's because I signed up on the European site. So I closed that account and signed up on Nissan.co.uk. I didn't receive the confirmation email after a few days so I called up and they said this is a common problem and they activated the account, but this account won't login to the app and doesn't allow control!

Am I missing something obvious?

Craig

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
My understanding is that you should be using the NissanConnect Services app for the 2019 Leaf.....not NissanConnectEV.

Have you tried this app?

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
714 Posts
1. Make sure you have the correct APP - for the Tom Tom satnav you need Nissan connect

2. The email address and password needs to be the same as your “you+Nissan” account.

3. The APP will take you through the set up process you will need your vin number to hand and will have to sit in your vehicle - the TCU in your vehicle will give a security number that you will have to put in the APP to complete the process.

4. The APP will activate services, there are 32, this process can take hours minimum or even days. I did mine overnight on a Sunday when it was quiet, so good luck with that. Once all the services are activated your are up and running, trip data can take a day or two to appear but charge level is there almost straight away.

hope this helps,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your replies.

I did try the NissanConnect Services app and it didn't work. I found out after that its for cars from May 2019 and mines March 2019.

As I mentioned, the EV app did work fine when I signed up for a European account and I added the car by VIN no problem, but it was all in km not miles which is a bit annoying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok it's working now. I signed back into the Nissan site about an hour later and it left me enable nissan connect (where it didn't before) once I did that it let me sign in. This was different to the other login I had which allow me to add the car from the app.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
2. The email address and password needs to be the same as your “you+Nissan” account.

hope this helps,
I found when using the same login credentials that I'd used for You+Nissan & the associated app that the new app failed completely to initialise whereas once I'd set up a new email address in a different domain and registered that then it all worked OK (or at least in a fashion ! ? )

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I found when using the same login credentials that I'd used for You+Nissan & the associated app that the new app failed completely to initialise whereas once I'd set up a new email address in a different domain and registered that then it all worked OK (or at least in a fashion ! ? )
I had to re-register with the same credentials. I'm assuming that they are different systems.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Whats you+nissan for? I haven’t got that, do I need it?
It used to be the registration for the service, but they seem to have moved away from that. Other than that, it seems to me to be for those types of people who are obsessed with brands - you can add your cars and put them in your 'garage' etc. Trivial.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
It used to be the registration for the service, but they seem to have moved away from that. Other than that, it seems to me to be for those types of people who are obsessed with brands - you can add your cars and put them in your 'garage' etc. Trivial.
It was (probably still is for qualifying cars) rather more than that ! Anything the (old) app could do worked rather better from a PC using You+Nissan.

Still don't understand why Nissan insist on victims having to use their pathetic 'improved' [sic] app. Hard to believe the customer service department don't have a version that works on their office PCs in which case you'd think it could be offered to customers.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,183 Posts
The cars with HERE maps use the Nissan EV app via the You+ website. That should direct you to the correct app when you put in the registration number or VIN (can't remember which one it wants, forgotten already).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts