Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure whats happening with the Tesla app but it seems impossible to book my car in for a service. The service center have told me the only way to book the car in is via the app. Every time I try the app fails when I get to the point of inputting my address for a ranger (not that I want a Ranger). My issue is not with the app but, with Tesla not having an alternative to the app. I phone they say Not possible to book in, use the app. I suggest turning up in person speaking directly to the service staff and booking the car in. They claim that's not possible. Even though Tesla are aware the app is failing they still insist we use it. Is it me or have I missed something?

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
You may want to go to your account on the Tesla web site and make sure your contact details are correct and includes phone numbers. Once updated see if you can book appointment.

Reactions: Jimbo

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may want to go to your account on the Tesla web site and make sure your contact details are correct and includes phone numbers. Once updated see if you can book appointment.

All appears well. Changed a few preferences and updated to see if this helps. Tried the app still the same. I will try again tomorrow before looking for a suitable wall to bang my head against.

·
Registered
508 Posts
All appears well. Changed a few preferences and updated to see if this helps. Tried the app still the same. I will try again tomorrow before looking for a suitable wall to bang my head against.
If convenient, I would go to the SC and ask them to input the request into my phone - see what happens. They might help if they are unsuccessful on your phone.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm not sure whats happening with the Tesla app but it seems impossible to book my car in for a service. The service center have told me the only way to book the car in is via the app. Every time I try the app fails when I get to the point of inputting my address for a ranger (not that I want a Ranger). My issue is not with the app but, with Tesla not having an alternative to the app. I phone they say Not possible to book in, use the app. I suggest turning up in person speaking directly to the service staff and booking the car in. They claim that's not possible. Even though Tesla are aware the app is failing they still insist we use it. Is it me or have I missed something?
This is possibly the single biggest pain to owning a Tesla. Is it really so hard to make a human available to talk to customers? Even a third rate internet service provider lets you talk to someone who can help if you are persistent enough.
Rest of the car is still brilliant though :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is possibly the single biggest pain to owning a Tesla. Is it really so hard to make a human available to talk to customers? Even a third rate internet service provider lets you talk to someone who can help if you are persistent enough.
Rest of the car is still brilliant though :)
I have to agree with you on all counts. Having tried and failed again today I've decided to visit a service center, phone in hand and let them try. I'm located in Norfolk so some distance from any assistance. Having a trip to Liverpool next week so I will pop into Leeds and Manchester. lets see how they get on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts