Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Hyundai IONIQ Electric 2020
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my 2020 IONIQ EV about 3 weeks ago. Love the car but have a strange issue with the hands free phone system. My iPhone is paired correctly and I gave permission to read my contacts etc. I can see my phone book, recent calls etc.

However incoming calls are only ever shown without a caller ID on the screen. Always just a number. Luckily I know the most common contacts off by heart but it’s an annoying issue I can’t seem to find a fix for. I read somewhere you can have the car announce calls, but this does not sound like a solution really.

Is there a solution to this or is it just an IONIQ quirk?

· Registered
3,347 Posts
Can you use CarPlay instead?

· Registered
Hyundai IONIQ Electric 2020
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It depends what version you are currently running. My car was factory fitted with quite an old version (I guess new at the time). I didn’t have driver profiles before, or the new screen saver with time and date. Also all the icons are different. Not had a good dig yet!

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a Hyundai and was making a call but my phone was still connecting to Bluetooth and hadn’t been downloaded however it started making outgoing calls as no caller I’d? So no one ever know it’s me calling it’s frustrating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.