Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just collected my i3 Rex with Loft and drive assist as the only extras.

Very pleased until we opened the front trunk and only the grannie cable. Said to the salesman that I thought the fast charger lead was now included after reading the forum.

News to him but says he will look into it.

Please advise me if you know different.

Of course cannot find post by dealer who stated this.

I think I put his back up by asking for the scrappage deal!

Two issues so far, no manual in the glovebox and the glovebox would not close.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would be very interested to hear this too as I pick mine up in November

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
1,304 Posts
Listed as an optional extra (priced between £165 & £237) in the July 17 price list on the BMW website.

I quote:

360° ELECTRIC – PUBLIC CHARGING.
ChargeNow is a service from BMW i which, in partnership with
Chargemaster PLC, enables customers in the UK to access the
largest network of public charging points nationwide with a
single card – the BMW i ChargeNow charging card. Charging
points in the ChargeNow network are displayed using the
BMW i ConnectedDrive Services in the specially developed
navigation system, making it especially quick and easy to find
and use public charging points in conjunction with the optional
BMW i Public Charging cables, priced at £165 – £237.

Furthermore, their availability* is displayed in real time, indicating
whether the points are available for use.
For a monthly fee of £7.85 and pay as you charge access,
payment is simple and cashless via the ChargeNow card. You will
also receive a detailed itemised statement once a month and can
access your account information online.
For more information please visit www.bmw.co.uk/charging

·
Registered
346 Posts
When I picked-up my car in March I couldn't find my manual in the car and I also notice the next day the screw-in part for the aerial was not fitted.

After looking in parts of the car I found in the front next to the tyre kit a package wrapped in cling film, it contained the manual the missing part of the Arial (I screwed that in) and a small bag containing some screws and two sticky pads (I don't know what they are for).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Listed as an optional extra (priced between £165 & £237) in the July 17 price list on the BMW website.

I quote:

360° ELECTRIC – PUBLIC CHARGING.
ChargeNow is a service from BMW i which, in partnership with
Chargemaster PLC, enables customers in the UK to access the
largest network of public charging points nationwide with a
single card – the BMW i ChargeNow charging card. Charging
points in the ChargeNow network are displayed using the
BMW i ConnectedDrive Services in the specially developed
navigation system, making it especially quick and easy to find
and use public charging points in conjunction with the optional
BMW i Public Charging cables, priced at £165 – £237.

Furthermore, their availability* is displayed in real time, indicating
whether the points are available for use.
For a monthly fee of £7.85 and pay as you charge access,
payment is simple and cashless via the ChargeNow card. You will
also receive a detailed itemised statement once a month and can
access your account information online.
For more information please visit www.bmw.co.uk/charging

Hi
Interestingly I ask about Chargenow card and dealer said I needed to sign up myself so not sure if still a partnership.
On the cable, yes I thought it was an extra but on the forum an iAgent dealer I think said it was now included. The thread was to try and get him to respond.

Will now hunt in the F trunk for the manual!

Thanks all.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hi
Interestingly I ask about Chargenow card and dealer said I needed to sign up myself so not sure if still a partnership.
On the cable, yes I thought it was an extra but on the forum an iAgent dealer I think said it was now included. The thread was to try and get him to respond.

Will now hunt in the F trunk for the manual!

Thanks all.
I was told the same and you can easily sign up but it's no different to signing up with Polar as it's exactly the same service through ChargeMaster

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told the same and you can easily sign up but it's no different to signing up with Polar as it's exactly the same service through ChargeMaster
Hi
Yes I am going to avoid the monthly paid ones and just use the app one for motorways etc. First long trip on Friday down to Bath for the weekend so will need at least one charge. Luckily I bought a cable from EBay before I learnt that the dealer should supply one. The dealer is looking into it for me but I know you will be pleased that I found the post which I will use to pressure my dealer. It's
t campaign from BMW that any iAgent should offer including us at BMW Dick Lovett Bristol will offer the Public Charging Cable free of charge saving customer £165. With regards to servicing the 3 year package at £239 is optional to purchase by customer and will be beneficial on convenience and cost.

Found it by searching Dick Lovett.

Will post what transpires.

Len

·
Registered
346 Posts
I forgot to mention when I collected the car the salesman was showing me around the car and opened the boot with a pleased look on his face showed me a charging cable that I didn't order, I said I bet it is a phase 1 cable, and it was.

I think BMW have excess stock of the Phase 1 cable because in the future only a phase 3 cable will be wanted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
as far as I know the single phase or 3 phase charging cable are not included in the UK sale. some dealers do as gesture supply one for free. (they did not with mine) Always go for a 3 phase when you buy one yourself. the 22kw chargers are becoming more and more common. it saves another hour charging time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I picked-up my car in March I couldn't find my manual in the car and I also notice the next day the screw-in part for the aerial was not fitted.

After looking in parts of the car I found in the front next to the tyre kit a package wrapped in cling film, it contained the manual the missing part of the Arial (I screwed that in) and a small bag containing some screws and two sticky pads (I don't know what they are for).
Yes found it as you describe , no word from dealer about where it is.

Without your info would be looking online still.

Thanks

Len

·
9,719 Posts
as far as I know the single phase or 3 phase charging cable are not included in the UK sale. some dealers do as gesture supply one for free. (they did not with mine) Always go for a 3 phase when you buy one yourself. the 22kw chargers are becoming more and more common. it saves another hour charging time.
A blue python should be included with all consumer purchases. Dealer gets the money back from HQ for providing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I specifically asked for the cable to be supplied as part of the deal, but as the salesman agreed so quickly, I assumed it was supplied with the car.
I also found the handbook and radio aerial in the frunk when I got home, after the dealer couldn't find it on handover.

·
Registered
806 Posts
A blue python should be included with all consumer purchases. Dealer gets the money back from HQ for providing.
Hey @Jack is the 'python' cable the name for the three phase cable which is listed at £237?

·
9,719 Posts
Hey @Jack is the 'python' cable the name for the three phase cable which is listed at £237?
Its the colloquial term we have been using for the Single phase, I would not expect Three Phase as FoC.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
So much for pre-delivery inspections by the dealership. I’d have been fired if I’d left bits unattached or not accounted for.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The part number of the one I was supplied with FOC is 61902350237 and is listed on the box as a BMW AC Rapid Charge Cable
That's the single phase cable

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes found it as you describe , no word from dealer about where it is.

Without your info would be looking online still.

Thanks

Len
Hi

Found out from the dealer who did not know where the manual was that the screws and pads are for the number plates.
Len

1 - 20 of 30 Posts