Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me I cant work out how to auto-fold the mirrors on my new leaf 40.
Does it not have this function?
I can of course adjust the angle of them remotely from the driver seat, but I expect them to auto-fold when I switch off the car, or be able to fold them with a button.

My old banger leaf 24 had an auto-fold button for the mirrors!

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,990 Posts
Yes. It's in the dash console menu thingies. I think there is also a switch on the driver's door to do a manual fold and unfold. Check that manual fold is working. Failing mirror motors is a thing on the 40s. They also squeak and creak.

Autofold was the first thing I turned off on mine.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a photo as I have searched many times for this button or setting in the menu? The manual also has no mention of this.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,990 Posts
It's definitely in the settings menu off the dash screen. It is only on the Tekna leafs I think. If you haven't got a button for it in the driver's door area somewhere then it can't be one with folding mirrors.

There seems to be a kit offered here to do it so I don't know whether you'd need that. If you check your VIN it might tell you whether you already have it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For the life of me I cant work out how to auto-fold the mirrors on my new leaf 40.
Does it not have this function?
I can of course adjust the angle of them remotely from the driver seat, but I expect them to auto-fold when I switch off the car, or be able to fold them with a button.

My old banger leaf 24 had an auto-fold button for the mirrors!
What model ?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
My N Connecta has it and has always worked.
Never seen a menu option.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,990 Posts
Mine definitely has a menu option to turn it off and on. Wonder if it's a dealer twiddle to enable it?

I can see I'm going to have to sit in the car and find it!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeh I dont have that Auto-fold option in my settings.
Its a Leaf 2 Zero 40.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Its a Leaf 2 Zero 40.
weird as my 2 zero mirrors always folded.
Auto fold was standard from April 2016. i know as my other Leaf was a March 16 and didnt have it.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
weird as my 2 zero mirrors always folded.
Auto fold was standard from April 2016. i know as my other Leaf was a March 16 and didnt have it.
My Leaf 30 Tekna first registered September 2016 doesn't have auto-fold. In fact I'm seriously thinking about getting the kit from Nissan to add it as I find it a right nuisance to get out of the car in a tight space, lock the doors and only then realise I forgot to fold the mirrors in. Because to fold them in you have turn the car on again - and to turn it on again the key has to be inside the car...

From what I've read the auto-fold was only an optional extra until some time in 2017, so maybe you mean April 2017 ?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Now i think on it was my 2017 Tekna 30. Apologies, i was thinking my wifes 2016 24 Tekna.

Although im sure it was able to be activated with Leafspy.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Now i think on it was my 2017 Tekna 30. Apologies, i was thinking my wifes 2016 24 Tekna.

Although im sure it was able to be activated with Leafspy.
There's no option to enable Auto-fold on Leafspy on a 30kWh model. (Not that I can find anyway) It's a small hardware module that is added to the wiring of the car.

I haven't seen a circuit diagram of it but I suspect it's pretty simple and samples the door lock solenoid power with a relay to power the mirror folding mechanism for a few seconds!

The clue is that the mirrors don't fold out again until the car is turned on - which is when normal power is restored to the mirror folding mechanism and the position of the manual fold switch takes control again.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Its a Leaf 2 Zero 40.
I have the same car (Leaf 2 ZERO) and the mirrors definitely fold when I lock the car. They then unfold when I start the car (provided I hadn't left them folded with the door button). I didn't have to look for or change any menu settings.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,990 Posts
Wonder if it's a country specific difference? OP seems to be based in Germany so maybe they don't get that there?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Wonder if it's a country specific difference? OP seems to be based in Germany so maybe they don't get that there?
Surprising since he has a Belgian flag. But maybe the spec is different, though unlikely for a feature like that. But as I understand it, the OP was expecting the mirrors to fold as soon as the car was turned off, rather than when the car is locked, which is what actually happens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts