Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Actually I meant hand yourself into the police for attempting to move a car without the keys. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Easiest way is to just buy some wheel dollies until you get the keys sorted as i don't think there is a way without a physical key.

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
991 Posts
I believe you can loosen or remove something beneath the car to take it out of park. But that’s not going to allow you to switch the car on to release the steering lock or anything else. You’re better off just moving the car by other means (see the suggestion above my post) until it’s sorted. It’s going to be the easier option.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Take off the park actuator and use ratchet and female torx to take it out of park.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
866 Posts
Is there a small hole next to the gear selector? Putting a screwdriver in that can release the locking mechanism.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Is there a small hole next to the gear selector? Putting a screwdriver in that can release the locking mechanism.
No. There's not. The gear selector is entirely electrical on the leaf, as is the connection to the parking actuator/gearbox lock.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can't you put it straight onto some sort of trolley ? you'll be able to push the car then

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
The question really arises as to what surfaceand incline you want to move it on?
Mike's advice will get it to roll as easily as normal but is the harder option. Dollies work well on smooth surfaces but are a pain on anything else. They also have a tendency to move sideways which can be useful but is a risk when going on inclines.

·
Registered
586 Posts
You're obviously not going to drive it anywhere without the keys - as its salvage presumably you have a truck or trailer to transport it? Pull it onto the trailer with a winch.

Cheers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts