Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With less than 24 hours until I pick up the Model S I decided to go out on my bike, put some serious miles in and stop thinking about the car, that way when I got home I would be exhausted and sleep well ready for tomorrow.

So I rode hard, around the area and as I was climbing the final hill about 5 miles from home, what came the other way, not 1 but 2 model S's in convoy.

SOAB.....

Tesla Red.png
Tesla Blue.jpg

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Nigel Hunt I have a camera on my bike every time I go out riding there are to many cretins on the road, people who think they have some god given right to run cyclists into the ditch

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Thats great!! ha ha I cycle everywhere and I also have a camera on my bike to, I use a mobius the same camera that I run in the car, they are brilliant and apart from the accident catching capability they are also great for spotting, cars, other bikes, people etc etc, I managed to snap James May in an I3 the other day with my mobius dash cam.

It must feel like xmas eve for you Jon, I am excited for you! ha ha and am looking forward to hearing all about it, its going to be nice to have an active forum member with a Model S as there isnt any at the moment that I know of? they all seem a bit aloof!

Sleep well Jon and best luck with the car on the way back :)

·
Super Moderator
7,749 Posts
Ohh that's just mean! Did the drivers look happy? :D

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The day arrived, a few photos below just got home so need a few hours to decompress before initial thoughts, however my face aches from the Telsa grin, and the guy who said "its like hitting the hyperspace button on the Millenium Falcon" was right, I have the overwhelming urge to shout "punch it Chewie" as I push on the electron pedal :)
IMG_2860.jpg
IMG_2862.jpg
IMG_2863.jpg

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Not jealous. Not jealous. Not jealous. <Repeat ad infinitum>

·
Super Moderator
7,749 Posts
Very nice Jon! Hopefully you'll get a good nights sleep at last!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Flaninacupboard Tonight I will sleep like a baby :)

@knoxie more to come but want to let it sink in a bit :)

I found out the two that passed me last night on the bike were Tesla employees, they are doing a test drive event in Cambourne (about 5 miles from where the pics were taken) Tesla DS said they were probably blasting round the country roads looking for good places to take people on test drives.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
So pleased you now have your car! it looks amazing, love black....blacks just so black! very nice looking forward to hearing more from you Jon :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congrats Jon, a long time coming but I'm sure you've forgotten about the wait already. Time to enjoy it (and tell us all about it) :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts