Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
1,045 Posts
My guess is that Kia will adopt an exclusively EV platform for the e-Niro’s replacement, and call it something else. The Niro will probably continue as a PHEV. Makes a lot of sense, as each chassis require fewer compromises. I shouldn’t worry about it.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
931 Posts
Yeah. Kia are moving away from EV's ;)

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
163 Posts
Sharing the same platform between BEV and ICE/Hybrid is only a short term solution.
It's a compromise to save costs until you know you can sell enough BEV cars.

Hyundai/Kia now have a BEV specific platform, called E-GMP.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sharing the same platform between BEV and ICE/Hybrid is only a short term solution.
It's a compromise to save costs until you know you can sell enough BEV cars.

Hyundai/Kia now have a BEV specific platform, called E-GMP.
Yes, thevnev kia EV's will share the E-GMP platform. The "Niro" will continue in ICE flavour until they become obsolete when/if EV's take over as being the norm.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,815 Posts
The 14 year-old boy in me wishes the new EV platform was called E-GIMP instead...
hehehehe.....gimp

the Ioniq 5 is first on thins platform isn’t it? It’s a nice looking car, but much larger than the design language suggests, so it’s a similar size to the Niro I think.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
163 Posts
I was thinking that it's a perfect size for me.
The e-niro is just a little bit small in the boot for my liking.
And the Ioniq 5 is still 20cm shorter than my old Mondeo estate.

I'm sure there will be plenty more vehicles on the E-GMP platform coming soon, in lots of sizes.

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
I was thinking that it's a perfect size for me.
The e-niro is just a little bit small in the boot for my liking.
And the Ioniq 5 is still 20cm shorter than my old Mondeo estate.

I'm sure there will be plenty more vehicles on the E-GMP platform coming soon, in lots of sizes.
Did you lower the boot in your niro? helped me a lot.

·
Registered
Ex MY20 4 - MY21 4+ Due January
163 Posts
Kia’s version of Hyundai’s Ionique 5 to be revealed later this month I believe.
As reported to be based on their new EV platform - would seem likely therefore that the eNiro 4+ will be the final fully electric version of the Niro.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,861 Posts
Kia’s version of Hyundai’s Ionique 5 to be revealed later this month I believe.
As reported to be based on their new EV platform - would seem likely therefore that the eNiro 4+ will be the final fully electric version of the Niro.
It will be based on the same platform, but I expect simply because they labelled it "6", that Kia want to position it at a different (higher? bigger?) level than the Hyundai's "5". Pretty close though...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Kia will launch the "6" then start to bring out the larger and smaller models to follow.

C - Segment SUV is where 0ver 30% of global sales is - so thats what everyone is launching first.

Niro will go back to being ICE - but PHEV and Self Charging Hybrid - the EV models will be just that.

But don't worry - Kia aren't going to abandon the sales dream that's been E-Niro

·
Registered
Ex MY20 4 - MY21 4+ Due January
163 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts