Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Likes talking about cars
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that's make the decision easier when sorting out the specs for a new Model S, no more P85.

Design Studio has been updated so S60, S85. S85D and P85D.

Might help the prices of the older P85 out there? Now a collectors item ;-)

Oh and there's no Brown or Green cars anymore either.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I think its just an attempt to keep the number of variations under control, if your in the market for the top of the line model S are you really going to chose a non D P85, which I have heard others refering to as the P85 Classic :)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I think that they only planned for one P model originally. The + came out after poor reviews of the P85's handling (which they mostly sorted by quietly incorporating some of the + updates into the P, according to some owners who have tried to update their suspension using Tesla components).

But this leaves a bit of a gap in the range between a S85D and a P85D, especially given the price differential.

Wonder what P customers will do, here in the UK. Find another £10k and wait until June (earliest)..?

Probably good news for second hand P85 residuals :)

·
Likes talking about cars
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a pity there was no retro fit for autopilot/instrument stalks for the older cars.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
I think that they only planned for one P model originally. The + came out after poor reviews of the P85's handling (which they mostly sorted by quietly incorporating some of the + updates into the P, according to some owners who have tried to update their suspension using Tesla components).

But this leaves a bit of a gap in the range between a S85D and a P85D, especially given the price differential.

Wonder what P customers will do, here in the UK. Find another £10k and wait until June (earliest)..?

Probably good news for second hand P85 residuals :)
Had my first drive in a P yesterday. My biggest observation was how it really struggled with traction in the wet, I can see how an S85 would be more relaxing as a day to day drive. (My 60 was was actually more at home in the conditions, so I'd expect an S85 to be broadly the same, and pick of the range for the UK TBH)

I am going to test drive a P85D when they get one on the demo fleet, 4WD should solve the traction issues in the wet, but still offer enough performance boost for me to consider dropping a big chunk of cash on upgrading earlier than planned.

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts