Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!

I thought I had imagined it but today was proof, sometimes my car does not want to regen!

Today driving to Sunday dinner, had to stop at mini roundabout and thought I hadn’t seen and regen, then later on same happened, tested it by foot off brake then gently on, and no regen at all, just came to stop!

Later regen was present.

This was in D mode only, no eco and at 25% battery!

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Any fault codes on LEAFSpy? :unsure:

No, they don't all do that.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,941 Posts
How was the road up the roundabout? Was it rough or potholed? Sometimes that stops regen from working. I had it on the Soul and it was very disconcerting as it paused and thought for a while before operating the normal brakes....

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Road is downhill to mini roundabout, but not much incline.

Error code about the steering alignment with the camera.

Cleared it just, but not sure if that was the cause

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,232 Posts
Often at low speed, the car didn't regen.

Regen depends on the battery temperature

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,941 Posts
I'd get it checked out in case it's a pre cursor to the sudden brake failure in the Leaf. When was the 12v battery changed? That being low can also cause bother.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
What's the SoC reported. Can you get to 30 mph with the car in B mode and see where there's any regen at all?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it’s my 12v as had another problem before.

Yuasa here I come!

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not yet, I’m currently deep into ripping out an old cooker and opening the kitchen chimney!

Hopefully I’ll get round to it this weekend!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Sounds satisfying if dirty work.
Who are you ordering your battery from? It's worth getting tested before spending the money.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My Leaf only goes into region if I put it in B mode then it only does it if the battery is down from full , It won't regen on a fully charged battery

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My Leaf only goes into region if I put it in B mode then it only does it if the battery is down from full , It won't regen on a fully charged battery
There is no regen when fully charged as there’s no where for power to go to.

First regen bubbles shows when battery hits 97% though its very weak. I’ve noticed substantial regen around 93% mark in summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds satisfying if dirty work.
Who are you ordering your battery from? It's worth getting tested before spending the money.
Oh god just stopped!

Dug the plaster out of the bottom of the chimney, found all this rock wool in it, thought nothing about pulling it out to see the flue, and that was my mistake!

Ton of soot literally fell out! :eek::eek:

If they tell me tomorrow a Rayburn cannot be fitted I’ll cry.

And since I turned the gas off, just discovered a 1973 immersion heater is capable of boiling the tank water!!!

I’ll get a test done first but was wondering where to buy, I worry they let the batteries in Halfords just sit there without top up charging.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Don't vacuum up the soot! We had a fairly new Panasonic bagless vacuum cleaner and vacuuming up soot killed it by causing short circuits in the motor. Soot particles are very small and get past all but the finest filters, and being pure carbon, are conductive.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Don't vacuum up the soot! We had a fairly new Panasonic bagless vacuum cleaner and vacuuming up soot killed it by causing short circuits in the motor. Soot particles are very small and get past all but the finest filters, and being pure carbon, are conductive.
Thanks for the tip! I need to replace carbon brushes on Bosch washing machine and was wondering how I should clean up.

Definitely don’t want to spoil the noisy Dyson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts