Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently handed back a BMW 320 Touring ED Business Edition after 107,000 miles and an average 53.1 mpg since new.

I ended up with a BMW 225Xe after the local VW dealers showed no interest whatsoever in providing a PHEV Passat for a road test (even after a massive adverting campaign in a National Newspaper).

I've gone from 600 + miles on each tank to something like 300. Am I bothered? Not yet.

One week into the Hybrid experience I'm thrilled to get back to a petrol powered car, and already exceeding the predicted range on battery power alone.

How are the rest of you getting on? Wish you had a "normal" car instead?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same experience, going from the 320D Touring ED Business Edition with exactly the same average mpg and into a BMW 225XE. I do miss the long range per tank but learning how to get the best out of the 225XE is interesting.

·
Registered
902 Posts
What's to regret? I wonder if people said the same about horses...they probably went further on apples back in the day than those new fangled automatic gasoline horseless cart things...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have the same experience, going from the 320D Touring ED Business Edition with exactly the same average mpg and into a BMW 225XE. I do miss the long range per tank but learning how to get the best out of the 225XE is interesting.
Apart from the fuel source I'm amazed at how the 225 is a far more "rounded" car than the 320. Although the boot is smaller I can get more cases in because it is a much more practical shape, and the ride and eagerness around corners is twice as good. Do you use the BMW app? - I've not managed to get it working properly yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I share you experience with a certain VW dealer, although the next closest was much more helpful.

Interested to know what your battery (pure EV) range has been. Most others with a BMW have said they are lucky to get 10-15 out of the stated 25 mile battery range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Apart from the fuel source I'm amazed at how the 225 is a far more "rounded" car than the 320. Although the boot is smaller I can get more cases in because it is a much more practical shape, and the ride and eagerness around corners is twice as good. Do you use the BMW app? - I've not managed to get it working properly yet.
I use the BMW App on iPhone and it works most of the time. Occasionally it seems not to be able to communicate with the BMW Server and so does not update the displayed values (like this morning). I also use the web access from my PC as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts