Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a 20k service in the UK for my 6 month old leased GTE estate on stock tyres and rims. Very happy with it, but...

I have a damaged sidewall on the rear and fronts are down to 3mm. And....

There are no Continental or Hankook VW spec (some kind of puncture seal runflats) tyres available from Kwikfit or VW in the UK. VW say they are on 3-4 month backorder, but the dealer has managed to source one from Germany for delivery in 1-3 weeks. VW UK refuse to give details of tyres without this seal layer.

Anyone else experiencing difficulty getting OEM tyres? Anyone any suggestions or other advice?

·
Registered
514 Posts
VW Dealerships seem to keep very little tyre stock, they never have the Michelin tyres for my e-Up! or even any of the cheaper (higher rolling resistance) tyres of the same size.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just had a 20k service in the UK for my 6 month old leased GTE estate on stock tyres and rims. Very happy with it, but...

I have a damaged sidewall on the rear and fronts are down to 3mm. And....

There are no Continental or Hankook VW spec (some kind of puncture seal runflats) tyres available from Kwikfit or VW in the UK. VW say they are on 3-4 month backorder, but the dealer has managed to source one from Germany for delivery in 1-3 weeks. VW UK refuse to give details of tyres without this seal layer.

Anyone else experiencing difficulty getting OEM tyres? Anyone any suggestions or other advice?
Wow that’s pretty poor... I didn’t even know they were run flats... my Passat GTE is nearly 6 months old (May) So must be around same delivery time. Keep us posted on what tyres you manage to source?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I noticed the sales brochure says self sealing (not run flats) Continental tyres supplied on the Passat GTE are the correct tyre. But this Sept 67 plate car has Pirelli P7’s. Volkswagen Passat 1.4 TSI GTE Advance (218PS) PHEV DSG Estate, CV37 0AH Stratford-upon-Avon Worth escalating to VW UK and Continental customer service?

I have chosen this time to pay for VW maintenance and tyres with my contract hire. Will be interesting to see what happens when I try to replace the tyres in 6-9 months time when hitting 20-25,000 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts