Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got my eye on a 2014 Leaf Acenta but its missing the SD card :(

Firstly I was wondering how much would a replacement card be and how long does it usually take to arrive? Secondly, does the heater still work without the card? Coming up to winter I'm quite worried about this as I can live without a radio for few months but really need the heat for comfort and safety.

Many thanks in advanced

·
mk1 leaf 13 plate
173 Posts
Hi, I've got my eye on a 2014 Leaf Acenta but its missing the SD card :(

Firstly I was wondering how much would a replacement card be and how long does it usually take to arrive? Secondly, does the heater still work without the card? Coming up to winter I'm quite worried about this as I can live without a radio for few months but really need the heat for comfort and safety.

Many thanks in advanced
Sd card is only for maps and charge point heater will work without it.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have read elsewhere, only the reversing camera works without the card. Some say the climate control doesnt work at all and some say the controls work as normal?

·
Registered
72 Posts
From what I have read elsewhere, only the reversing camera works without the card. Some say the climate control doesnt work at all and some say the controls work as normal?
That would seem strange for a safety feature (ability to clear Windows) to stop working with the removal of a SD card. What if it malfunctioned during a journey and you couldn't clear your screen.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree with you m1cks. Just looking on other sites has got me worried and I'm just looking for clarity with someone who had no SD card to start with

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm from Lincolnshire region. How can the card be copied? What about pairing the card to the cars VIN?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hmm that's odd you never had to pair any of the older vehicles. Can't you get the seller to replace it in that case?

·
Registered
562 Posts
How can the card be copied? What about pairing the card to the cars VIN?
We don't think they can be copied from a different vehicle. We tried to swap a card from our NV200 to our e-NV200 and it wouldn't work:(

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
The SD card replacement price is silly money, over £250 I believe. I suggest you get the dealer to fit a replacement BEFORE you sign the deal to buy the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts