Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three times in the last month while I have been driving, and music has been playing from a USB stick (my usual source), my central screen has gone blank, music stops, and a red "no signal" message appears on the screen before it goes blank. Then it reboots and goes back to how it was when I started that journey rather than when it rebooted, even to the extent that it plays the same song I was listening to when I started. My car is a 94ah BEV. Does anyone know what this is about please?

·
Banned
511 Posts
Don't worry it's just an undocumented feature...mine does the same occasionally, hasn't done it in 3 or 4 months now. You wait until you find all your saved radio stations have vanished....an irritation I have suffered a few times in recent months. I guess the car doesn't like my choice of radio station...or your choice of music.

·
Banned
511 Posts
in fact although I speak in jest, I know with some software, player etc.. corrupted flacs or mp3s can actually cause the player side of the system to hang or crash. In this circumstance it would be reasonable for the software to fully reset on that system and loose saved stations or give you the problems you have had.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I had this in the past. There were some repors it was caused by corrupt POI data, though it could also have been sw bugs -- the sw in the head unit has been updated regularly, and in some cases may be on the BMW web site too. Worth checking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts