Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this is normal or if I've done something I need to be aware of
Got in the car thin morning to head to work and on pressing the start button I'm normally greeted with the little tune the car plays as it starts up and before I select drive
This morning however I pressed start on the dashboard lit up and I couldn't select drive???
Switched off and on a couple of times and still no tune but I was able to select drive and as usual the car drove flawlessly
Not sure if I've done something I shouldn't have or if this is something that others have experienced before and it's just a quick that can happen now and then???
Any advise would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
I mentioned this in an old thread and I think the consensus was being patient with the car and let it finish getting itself ready until you try to put it into gear as I had a similar problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So maybe it was starting up as normal but for some reason it was just being silent on me
I'd be happy if that's all it is and not some forwarning of expensive dealership visits

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
There is a setting buried deep in the menu to mute that start-up jingle. Perhaps you have accidentally ticked that box.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooo now that's possible I do like to press buttons especially if I've no idea what their for 👍

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
LOL - I looked for a YT tutorial for this and found the 'helpful' video showing how to mute or enable the start-up jingle. It's in Japanese characters ffs. But you might be able to follow it by scrolling the right number of levels anyway.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wait for the little double arrow icon to light up before trying to select drive. If you use a 'smart' charger that stops the charge when it feels like, you'll sometimes have to restart to clear error codes that the car produces when the charge stops unexpectedly.

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
Also, if your hands are quick enough you can make the car abandon the jingle by putting it in Drive a fraction of a second after entering "ready". That's usually when I am putting on my seatbelt, but if for some reason i am already wearing it or don't need it you can get it in D then.

You can also make the headunit crash by putting it in R immediately on startup, doing a reverse to 90 degrees and then getting in Drive. The reverse camera and guidelines will stay on screen up to about 10mph when the camera will go black but the guidelines stay and you can't then operate the headunit at all until powering the car off and on again.

Reactions: MetalHead

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol sounds like there are a few quirky things I'm yet to discover 🤪
Re-traced my fiddling with buttons and discovered I had indeed managed to silence everything lol
Thanks for the help👍

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,096 Posts
Yep. Turned mine off. The one on the Soul was far more irritating and that couldn't be turned off. Glad there is the choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts