Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just a quick question - I don’t know whether it’s a normal sound or whether something is wrong - when aircon on in the car everything perfect - until you get out and there’s a relatively loud buzz from the drivers side front - is that normal? It doesn’t seem quite right to me - like I say - everything is working completely fine and no noise in the car - outside is a different story.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same as mine, noticed it yesterday getting into very warm car. It's the ac compressor, assuming it's noisy as no ice noise to mask it

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thanks for confirming - it’s not just me then :)

Thank you

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
957 Posts
What a coincidence - I noticed it for the first time yesterday, despite having the car since last August!
Me too, although only had ours since December so not had many hot days to contend with yet. :cool:

Interior temp was showing 49.9 degrees when I activated climate remotely yesterday. I will say it does an exceptional job of cooling things down quickly though, very impressed.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think they ramped the compressors up to max a while back, I remember there being a spate of people complaining of noise after a firmware update. So from what I can tell, it's "normal" but it's definitely a lot louder than any other EV I've had. The Leaf, Zoe and iPace all cool down fairly quick and don't make that racket. Luckily it reduces in noise as it gets closer to the temp, so at least it's not constant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts