Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm in the process of trying to pick my next car, moving from a Toyota Auris Hybrid, and I've become aware of the ID4. It looks like a wonderful car as my first EV, but I'm struggling to find information about the availability of the non-first editions in the UK. The (very comprehensive) videos I saw by Out of Spec pretty much sold me, but it seems the US First Edition comes with the panoramic roof, but the UK/Euro ones don't? After further investigation, the ID.4 range now becoming available in Europe has the Life, Business, Family, Tech and Max trims available, with the latter two having the pano roof.
My Auris has a pano, and my Peugeot 307SW had one before that, and personally, the difference it makes inside the vehicle are, excuse the pun, night and day. Is there any info on when the other ID.4 trims will be available to order/arrive to the UK market? The Auris is due back on July 1st so I've got some decisions to make.

Thanks!

Registered
If you go to German VW website it lists all Pure (52kWh) and Pro (77kWh) versions and with Pro panoramic roof is part of the Design Plus packet that is standard for Family, Tech and Max. So the cheapest with pano roof would be Family then. See PDF trims comparison table below, unfortunately in German:

I'm unsure however if the same trims/options will be available as standard in the UK.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found similar through the Dutch VW website, but there seems to be zero information available as to when they'll be coming to the UK. Going to call a VW dealer tomorrow to see if I can get any clarity there. Unlikely since the first editions only hit our shores in the last fortnight.

Registered
Looking at ID.3 deliveries I guess it might be some 3 to 6 months before we see some normal trims. But that's just my guess...

Reactions: profborkensnoot

Registered
I read somewhere that they鈥檒l be available to order sometime in May, with usual factory order timeframes of 12-18 weeks. So probably September arrival at the earliest.

Registered
ID3 series model ordering started late October which was one month after 1st deliveries started, the German configuration also appeared in July so my guess would be late April with pipeline cars being built right now.

I think spec will be like ID3 family or style would come with sunroof depending on battery and motor.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For reference. Stumbled across this reply on Facebook which seems to suggest the May timeline, but with a quicker turnaround for deliveries. I guess if they're already building those trims in Europe, it's an easier process.
Screenshot_20210322-115741_Facebook.jpg

Registered
2021 ID4 1st Mangan Grey with heat pump
Hi all.

I'm in the process of trying to pick my next car, moving from a Toyota Auris Hybrid, and I've become aware of the ID4. It looks like a wonderful car as my first EV, but I'm struggling to find information about the availability of the non-first editions in the UK. The (very comprehensive) videos I saw by Out of Spec pretty much sold me, but it seems the US First Edition comes with the panoramic roof, but the UK/Euro ones don't? After further investigation, the ID.4 range now becoming available in Europe has the Life, Business, Family, Tech and Max trims available, with the latter two having the pano roof.
My Auris has a pano, and my Peugeot 307SW had one before that, and personally, the difference it makes inside the vehicle are, excuse the pun, night and day. Is there any info on when the other ID.4 trims will be available to order/arrive to the UK market? The Auris is due back on July 1st so I've got some decisions to make.

Thanks!
I have an ID4 1st edition on order for delivery in April. Compared to 1st editions in the USA and Europe, the UK 1st edition is missing the following:
No Panoramic roof
No electric seats with massage
No powered tailgate
No Heads up display
No Travel Assist
None of these are even options in the UK.

Registered
I have an ID4 1st edition on order for delivery in April. Compared to 1st editions in the USA and Europe, the UK 1st edition is missing the following:
No Panoramic roof
No powered tailgate
No Heads up display
No Travel Assist
shipped across the Atlantic and it cost $4,000 less there with all the extra kit. Does annoy me when European manufacturers subsidize US sales with margins from sales in Europe.

Registered
ID.4 :-)
No Panoramic roof
No powered tailgate
No Heads up display
No Travel Assist

The differences between the FE (Standard) and the Max are :-

Larger Infotainment Screen
Pano Roof
Electric Seats
Power Tailgate
IQ Lights Back and Front
Raised Load Floor Boot
Travel Assist (it only gives Side assist over the Lane Assist which comes on the Standard)
Head up display (Only on EU - not on US versions)

Otherwise the car is the same, Same Battery, Motor, and tech etc etc ..

If you look at the prices on the EU sites, when the Max comes to the UK (based on previous pricing when the OLEV Grant existed for the ID.4) you could expect at least 拢5k more. If you're looking for a similar car for spec you can "select", check out the Skoda Enyaq (I did, but ended up going for the ID.4) ...

Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
shipped across the Atlantic and it cost $4,000 less there with all the extra kit. Does annoy me when European manufacturers subsidize US sales with margins from sales in Europe.
Is it that simple? What's the deal with US sales tax versus VAT etc?

Registered
ID.4 :-)
From what I know - US Taxes are state specific, similarly for Eco-Related incentives ... some states are more generous than others. Have to bear in mind with vehicle sales in the US, they generally all lower, it's just "us" (Europeans / British) who are "milked" for car prices/costs !

Registered
Yes, US car prices don鈥檛 include sales tax, it鈥檚 paid directly by individual to their local state. So I compared UK price minus VAT and used current exchange prices.

US gives a grant of $7,500 so the net saving to a US person buying an ID4 1st edition is actually $11,500 compared to someone in UK buying one now, with as posted above a lot less kit, probably another $2-3,000 in options, so in monetary terms a potentially ~$14,500 ~拢10,500 difference 馃檮

1 - 13 of 13 Posts