Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am keen to know the safe wading depth of my new MG ZS EV as the only access road to my house sometimes finds itself under up to 10" of flood water.

The Owner's Handbook does not put a figure on it, stating only "Driving through Water - Avoid driving through floods after heavy rain, which may lead to serious damage to the vehicle", which is something of a cop-out!

I found a couple of sources online:
The depth shown in the latter image would be fine for me in most instances - however, whilst it purports to be based on an event "showcased" by MG, I would prefer something more solid to go on.

If anybody knows anything more solid, or has experience, I would be grateful to hear it.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I understand that the MG ZS EV battery and engine are certified to submersion in up to 1m of water for 30 minutes. So if you drive into a duck pond you need to get a quick tow out! Driving slowly through 10 inches water depth should not cause a problem. I remember seeing another video review where it was driven through quite a puddle!

·
Zoe Devotee
9,259 Posts
Don't go deeper than that and you'll be fine. The motor and battery are not the issue its door seals and bungs in the footwell you need to worry about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand that the MG ZS EV battery and engine are certified to submersion in up to 1m of water for 30 minutes. So if you drive into a duck pond you need to get a quick tow out! Driving slowly through 10 inches water depth should not cause a problem. I remember seeing another video review where it was driven through quite a puddle!
Don't go deeper than that and you'll be fine. The motor and battery are not the issue its door seals and bungs in the footwell you need to worry about.

Thanks both, that eases worries.

I'm looking forward to Winter and trying it out... 😁 (I think said this before!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts