Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked the Mini website and now they've increased the price of all 3 levels by £3000. Just as I was about to order :(. Not going to buy one now.

Level 1 model £27,900 on the road. Level 2 model £29,900 on the road. Level 3 model £33,900 on the road. Figure shown incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant of £3,000. OTR price is based on the Recommended Retail Price (including VAT) and On The Road charges (including delivery and emergency service, vehicle first registration fee and VED costs).

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were competitive prices prior (cheaper than petrol Cooper S for same spec extras). Not now.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,257 Posts
You can, of course, ask for the earlier price and say 'no go' if they don't accept your offer.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The above is cut and pasted from the Mini website yesterday. 'Figure shown incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant '
Level 1 model £27,900 on the road. Level 2 model £29,900 on the road. Level 3 model £33,900 on the road

Now I rang my Mini dealer and they hadn't heard re the price increase so hopefully they will do a deal but the website is crazy - main page says Mini electric from £24,900 OTR but go to configuration for Level one and it comes out as £27,900 OTR including £3000 grant.

Here's a level 2 I configured:

ELECTION PRICE:£ 29,900*

Your new MINI is almost ready
ORDER

OR

FIND A MINI CENTRE
CONTACT RETAILER
*Model shown £32,900 on the road. £29,900 figure incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant of £3,000.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's definitely no price increase I was talking to my dealer only a few hours ago.If you go to buy a level 3 from Stock you will see it lists the price as £33.900 but when you go through to the end the price is then discounted by £3000 showing £30,900 as the final cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The above is cut and pasted from the Mini website yesterday. 'Figure shown incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant '
Level 1 model £27,900 on the road. Level 2 model £29,900 on the road. Level 3 model £33,900 on the road

Now I rang my Mini dealer and they hadn't heard re the price increase so hopefully they will do a deal but the website is crazy - main page says Mini electric from £24,900 OTR but go to configuration for Level one and it comes out as £27,900 OTR including £3000 grant.

Here's a level 2 I configured:

ELECTION PRICE:£ 29,900*

Your new MINI is almost ready
ORDER

OR

FIND A MINI CENTRE
CONTACT RETAILER
*Model shown £32,900 on the road. £29,900 figure incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant of £3,000.
If you were just about to order, your supplying retailer will tell you that there has been no price increase. Don't be put off!

I work for MINI and can confirm there has been no price increase on the MINI Electric

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you were just about to order, your supplying retailer will tell you that there has been no price increase. Don't be put off!

I work for MINI and can confirm there has been no price increase on the MINI Electric
Thanks, I'm popping down today for a test drive. Perhaps the Mini website team should be told that starting last weekend the online configurator is adding £6,000 to the price then subtracting £3,000 government grant to display an incorrect OTR price!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Make sure you take it for a test drive first and go over some speed bumps. The ride is not suitable for everyone. I nearly threw up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Make sure you take it for a test drive first and go over some speed bumps. The ride is not suitable for everyone. I nearly threw up.
Thanks, I had a 2 day test drive, loved it, put my order in for a midnight black, yellow details, level 2 and car arrived now - picking up 1st September after work!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
When my wife & I test drove it 2 weeks ago, we both felt car sick!. Not a good sign. We were given a Level 3 with the 17" wheels. Otherwise a really good car with 180bhp although through the front wheels are prone to a little torque steer most of the time when you push the "loud" ;) pedal. Would probably like to try it with the 16" wheels as we both it found it touch too firm and "jiggly". Also it was a shame the Level 3,although really well optioned as standard, was unremittingly dark inside. Black leather and black head lining etc made it feel claustrophobic, even with the double sunroof. I was under the impression, because it was MINI, you can chop and change, with options (ie-have the Level 2 seats for example) but not sure you can do that with the E. Dealer was busy with another customer on return so never got to ask him (and no follow up call from them either. Must be selling well!) I also have noticed that the website is quoting £3k more than what I thought the price was. Grant has been added to price instead of subtracted? Unless it really is £33,900 for the level 3 OTR which would be massively overpriced!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I agree about it being too dark inside, we have a Countryman PHEV which has a light headliner and it makes a big difference. The darkness was a big turn off for us. In no particular order the turn offs were (i) the ride, (ii) the interior darkness, (iii) the weird ghost noise (PHEV is silent), (iv) general noise levels v PHEV (seemed much less sound insulated), (v) lack of certain options (e.g. powered tailgate, my wife is a teacher with a lot of books to mark!). Finally we just couldn't justify the cost versus keeping the PHEV a bit longer. And although I am not botherered about the range because we are specifically using it to commute in an urban environment and can charge at home, in 2-3 years when you come to sell it that range will be a distinct disadvantage and make it unattractive for a lot of people compared to newer cars available.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Owner on YouTube in the USA where they have had the MINI e on sale for months has the double sunroof but with a light interior and the Level 2 seats. Never understand why they offer some combinations in some countries and not others. They are all built here in Oxford after all.
Agree about the range. I totally understand a 30kwh battery or thereabouts is fine for 80-90% of people for urban driving. BUT please price the vehicle accordingly. Both the MINI and Honda e should cost £25 for the top model. As the previous poster says, in 3 years time, when there will be no doubt a huge EV choice, they are more than likely to suffer huge depreciation in comparison to what is available then for probably a lower price (and even bigger range). I still think a real world 200 mile range is ideal and £20k cost from new to enable fast take up by the general public. Especially if fast charge (100kw+) enabled. It is sure to come. Sooner rather than later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts