Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked the Mini website and now they've increased the price of all 3 levels by £3000. Just as I was about to order :(. Not going to buy one now.

Level 1 model £27,900 on the road. Level 2 model £29,900 on the road. Level 3 model £33,900 on the road. Figure shown incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant of £3,000. OTR price is based on the Recommended Retail Price (including VAT) and On The Road charges (including delivery and emergency service, vehicle first registration fee and VED costs).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were competitive prices prior (cheaper than petrol Cooper S for same spec extras). Not now.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The above is cut and pasted from the Mini website yesterday. 'Figure shown incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant '
Level 1 model £27,900 on the road. Level 2 model £29,900 on the road. Level 3 model £33,900 on the road

Now I rang my Mini dealer and they hadn't heard re the price increase so hopefully they will do a deal but the website is crazy - main page says Mini electric from £24,900 OTR but go to configuration for Level one and it comes out as £27,900 OTR including £3000 grant.

Here's a level 2 I configured:

ELECTION PRICE:£ 29,900*

Your new MINI is almost ready
ORDER

OR

FIND A MINI CENTRE
CONTACT RETAILER
*Model shown £32,900 on the road. £29,900 figure incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant of £3,000.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's definitely no price increase I was talking to my dealer only a few hours ago.If you go to buy a level 3 from Stock you will see it lists the price as £33.900 but when you go through to the end the price is then discounted by £3000 showing £30,900 as the final cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The above is cut and pasted from the Mini website yesterday. 'Figure shown incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant '
Level 1 model £27,900 on the road. Level 2 model £29,900 on the road. Level 3 model £33,900 on the road

Now I rang my Mini dealer and they hadn't heard re the price increase so hopefully they will do a deal but the website is crazy - main page says Mini electric from £24,900 OTR but go to configuration for Level one and it comes out as £27,900 OTR including £3000 grant.

Here's a level 2 I configured:

ELECTION PRICE:£ 29,900*

Your new MINI is almost ready
ORDER

OR

FIND A MINI CENTRE
CONTACT RETAILER
*Model shown £32,900 on the road. £29,900 figure incorporates HM Government Plug-In Car Grant of £3,000.
If you were just about to order, your supplying retailer will tell you that there has been no price increase. Don't be put off!

I work for MINI and can confirm there has been no price increase on the MINI Electric

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you were just about to order, your supplying retailer will tell you that there has been no price increase. Don't be put off!

I work for MINI and can confirm there has been no price increase on the MINI Electric
Thanks, I'm popping down today for a test drive. Perhaps the Mini website team should be told that starting last weekend the online configurator is adding £6,000 to the price then subtracting £3,000 government grant to display an incorrect OTR price!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts