Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
241 - 260 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
1,024 Posts
If they don't appear, then it'll be time for a complaint to the council planning department regarding section 4.2.3 of their planning statement, which states:-
The planning statement was submitted by the applicants agent. I'm amazed that the application has been granted by Flintshire yet I can find no documentation on the approval on the Council website. I'd normally expect to find some form of approval document including all the conditions that have been imposed. In this case (and for any application including a charge point) the council COULD have imposed a condition that the proposed charge points must be installed by a given date. Councils don't seem to have realised that lots of forecourt applications have an indication of one or more charge points purely for greenwashing, so the officers and /or planning committee are minded to approve.

Can anyone find the approval documents for this application? Details - My ASP.NET Application

Edit: typos and clarity only.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The planning statement was submitted by the applicants agent. I'm amazed that the application has been granted by Flintshire but I can find no documentation on the approval on the Council website. I'd normally expect to find some form of approval document including all the conditions that have been imposed. In this case (and for any application including a charge point) the council COULD have imposed a condition that the proposed charge points where installed by a given date. Councils don't seem to have realised that lots of forecourt applications have an indication of one or more charge points purely for greenwashing, so the officers and /or planning committee are minded to approve.

Can anyone find the approval documents for this application? https://digital.flintshire.gov.uk/FCC_Planning/Home/Details?refno=061240
Good spot! There clearly was a decision notice as there have been subsequent applications to satisfy them but no decision notice is listed with those documents.
However it’s not usual here in Wales to see councils adding chargers as a provision, even if they are mentioned in the application.

·
Super Moderator
Using public transportation
12,623 Posts
Mr Jones said there are charging points for a limited number of fleet vehicles at the main council offices in Llangefni and plans to install rapid public charging points at Amlwch, Llangefni, Holyhead and Menai Bridge in 2022 via Welsh Government funding.
Rapid chargers? In car parks where people park for hours? Most likely they will put one or two rapids in each of the car parks. Almost Useless.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
According to Zap-Map newsletter , Instavolt are installing 8 x 120kW Rapid charging points at Rhug Farm on the A5/A494 (https://zap-map.us6.list-manage.com...42648b6611be5e55ae&id=8f9c3e450a&e=199c6aa729). Ideally placed for those travelling in that part of North Wales.
They are. Both Instavolt & Rhug have announced it.

In other news, there's an update on the ancient Ecotricity rapids that still haven't been upgraded at Shrewsbury, Oswestry & along the A55 (and other places too)

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,324 Posts
Current Rhug ones are PodPoint….and were the only EVSEs for miles when they were put in

So please they are getting Instavolt

Next wish…..Instavolt on Bonnet App ?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
241 - 260 of 294 Posts