Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
81 - 100 of 143 Posts

Registered
Trundle completed today.
There are 3 double-headed untethered (therefore AC) charge posts installed but not yet powered up.
They're "Plus+" units from Pilot EV, and are capable of delivering up to 22kW AC, depending on the supply.
View attachment 148381
View attachment 148382
View attachment 148383
OOPS! I selfied in the middle pic 馃槼
Good resource to have - even if I would have gone for rapids! Shame they used red (metro colours I guess) rather than consistent green markings.

Registered
Trundle completed today.
There are 3 double-headed untethered (therefore AC) charge posts installed but not yet powered up.
They're "Plus+" units from Pilot EV, and are capable of delivering up to 22kW AC, depending on the supply.

OOPS! I selfied in the middle pic 馃槼
You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my 拢5!

Car at the far end in a charging spot and not plugged in - unless that's the trundlee.

I did think at first "Trundle completed today" - where's Trundle? Until I read the quoted post.

Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my 拢5!

Car at the far end in a charging spot and not plugged in - unless that's the trundlee.

I did think at first "Trundle completed today" - where's Trundle? Until I read the quoted post.
I am probably the least Jeremy Corbyn looking person on Earth!
That is indeed my car. Not plugged in because the chargers aren't working yet, as I said.

Registered
I am probably the least Jeremy Corbyn looking person on Earth!
That is indeed my car. Not plugged in because the chargers aren't working yet, as I said.
That is fortunate! You need to stand in front of a better reflector in future :) Ah - I missed the bit saying they weren't working (or more likely I didn't read properly).

Registered
Has anyone managed to visit/ use the Chirk 鈥榝irst 150kW in North Wales鈥 charger announced back in May? Can鈥檛 see it on GeniePoint or anywhere else but wondered if it was in testing (ie free!).

Premium Member
2014 Model S
If I get bored I may go and have a look at that one. I've been to Chirk before. It's a nice trip out. Not sure how a CCS adapter will do on a charger that's already looking a bit hit and miss.

ZapMap doesn't look promising. I think one person got a charge and that's been it. Not sure why they install and power up a charger then don't commission it correctly straight away.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Has anyone managed to visit/ use the Chirk 鈥榝irst 150kW in North Wales鈥 charger announced back in May? Can鈥檛 see it on GeniePoint or anywhere else but wondered if it was in testing (ie free!).
I think it might be at the railway station.

Premium Member
2014 Model S
Ooh. The current location of the singing kettle charger is awful. Can't work out on the site plan where new ones relative to it is so I'll be checking them out once they're done.

Premium Member
2014 Model S
Full map is helpful. Current charger spot is just in front of the spar. Looks like you'd drive past it and to the proper chargers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #92 · (Edited)

Registered
How long until someone complains there's no charging in the caravan bays? 馃構

Here's the full planning. It was originally refused due to the size of the restaurants and only 2 Instavolt spaces (going by the bay markings on the plan)

Original application (refused)
Appeal (in progress)

Meanwhile, at the recently rebuilt Mold branch of Aldi...

Good news for Mold but it鈥檚 a shame they鈥檙e more slow chargers and not rapids like Lidl are putting in - who spends hours shopping in Aldi 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Good news for Mold but it鈥檚 a shame they鈥檙e more slow chargers and not rapids like Lidl are putting in - who spends hours shopping in Aldi 馃ぃ
AC charging posts are the new "loss leader" for supermarkets, it's our equivalent of the "5p off a litre when you spend 拢50" for the ICE drivers.
Haven't checked yet, but these seem to be Newmotion 22kW AC posts, which would be very good for Zoe owners.

Registered
That Singing Kettle install is going to be great (if not Tesla), used to be our first of two stops on our way back from Ireland back when we had the Zoe and would be our only stop now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
That Singing Kettle install is going to be great (if not Tesla), used to be our first of two stops on our way back from Ireland back when we had the Zoe and would be our only stop now.
There's a bank of 8 superchargers at Flint now.

Registered
Hopefully it's Instavolt, I think the usage from 8+ charger installs has shown that people will plan around places with a good number of chargers and you get better utilisation and return per unit. Rugby with 12 units seems to get more than enough use to justify the 12 chargers EH put in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Hopefully it's Instavolt, I think the usage from 8+ charger installs has shown that people will plan around places with a good number of chargers and you get better utilisation and return per unit. Rugby with 12 units seems to get more than enough use to justify the 12 chargers EH put in.
The original refused application showed Instavolt logos on the 2 charging bays, and they have a co-location agreement with KFC, so it's likely.
A (non-EV driving) work colleague of mine was at Rugby on Sunday evening, and he said all 24 chargers there were in use when he arrived.

Registered
Peugeot e-208
A (non-EV driving) work colleague of mine was at Rugby on Sunday evening, and he said all 24 chargers there were in use when he arrived.
Hopefully the usage data will help convince them to do more like this.

I've always thought that the usage data from single (and even dual) chargers would not be reflective of real demand, as people avoid them in favour of larger installations.

Registered
Hopefully the usage data will help convince them to do more like this.

I've always thought that the usage data from single (and even dual) chargers would not be reflective of real demand, as people avoid them in favour of larger installations.
It'll be interesting to see...

When Gridserve have upgraded the 3 MSAs nearest Rugby, IIRC they'll actually add more capacity (in terms of connectors) than are at Rugby itself.

But I bet Rugby still draws more business because of the size of the bank.

81 - 100 of 143 Posts