Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just back from two weeks in north west Montana. While I was there, I did some EV spotting. I saw:

Zero EVs and one Prius that didn't plug in. Full-size pickups are very much the norm. Crossovers, especially Subarus are also popular.

Searching Autotrader for EVs within a 100-mile radius of Bigfork, MT found 1 EV. There is a new Nissan LEAF at a large dealer in Kalispell. Just for fun, I reran the search -- There are now two EVs. That LEAF, still unsold and a used Model S at a Toyota dealer 83 miles away.

The nearest Tesla service centre is in Spokane Washington. Tesla do not have any stores, galleries or service centres in Montana or Idaho or Wyoming. Tesla do have enough superchargers to drive cross country. They even have a supercharger planned for Kalispell, somewhere near that Nissan dealer.

Anyone foolish enough to buy a LEAF will be limited to charging at home. There is very little public charging other than the Tesla network.

Autotrader EV search:

Typical car park. This one is in Kalispell. That tiny black car between the two pickups is a Ford Escape, essentially a rebadged Kuga.

·
Super Moderator
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just enough. Bigfork or Columbia Falls to Spokane is doable in a Model 3 SR+. In winter it would likely require doubling back to the super charger at Superior. I'd only attempt it when the roads are clear. Otherwise you really need AWD and the bigger battery.

·
Super Moderator
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MT route 2 a few miles west of Kalispell. Not a single EV in sight :)

·
Super Moderator
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suppose that is one way to look at it. NW Montana is way more crowded than it used to be.

Ashley Lake during Labour Day Weekend:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
andrew*debbie
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing