Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

741 - 760 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Thanks.

·
Yes I'm a girl! Girls can be EV nerds too ;-)
649 Posts
ECC8B235-F3B8-4277-9034-CE93429E8613.jpeg
No. Once the charge has completed the session it terminates the connection and will then allow for another vehicle to utilise it with another connector type.
Just out of curiosity is there going to be a Max time? Some polar rapids have a max time, or penalty for staying too long (eg, like monks cross holiday inn polar rapid). The reason I ask is I’ve used it today and a Zoe owner told me he’d been on it for an hour half whilst he went for a cuppa. As it was I wasn’t desperate and I could’ve gone to Norton but just wondered.

Anyway, thanks :) Bloody great we have them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
View attachment 114378

Just out of curiosity is there going to be a Max time? Some polar rapids have a max time, or penalty for staying too long (eg, like monks cross holiday inn polar rapid). The reason I ask is I’ve used it today and a Zoe owner told me he’d been on it for an hour half whilst he went for a cuppa. As it was I wasn’t desperate and I could’ve gone to Norton but just wondered.

Anyway, thanks :) Bloody great we have them.
1 hour max free stay Jules, we want owners to plug in and pop to the shops. Signs going up next week.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,165 Posts
1 hour max free stay Jules, we want owners to plug in and pop to the shops. Signs going up next week.
Are both car parks 1 hour free Parking ?

On plugshare it mention free parking on one and on the other parking fee's apply

·
649 Posts
Good to see a black cab making use of the Malton rapid (y)
Yay - I met this lovely man at Ferrybridge services on his way up and told him about the Malton and Scarborough rapids, we had a little look at Zap Map :) He had a polar plus card but no ecotricity (obviously no need for ecotricity in't big smoke!). Its a small world :)

·
649 Posts
Fab - that's great.
I must remember to pop back lol I'm kidding I'm likely to sit with mine it doesn't take long ……. or pop into Yates garden centre hmmm. This could end up costing me money ;-)

·
649 Posts
Good news! The new ALDI in Whitby is to have a charge point. I don't know what type yet but their other stores generally use Pod Point
Oh at last a charge point in Whitby! That’s fab news thanks for sharing. Let’s hope it’s a rapid.
I tried hard to get the hospital to put a type 2 or even an outside plug in about 3 yrs ago - it didn’t happen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh at last a charge point in Whitby! That’s fab news thanks for sharing. Let’s hope it’s a rapid.
I tried hard to get the hospital to put a type 2 or even an outside plug in about 3 yrs ago - it didn’t happen.
Hospitals tend to install them for staff only. I reckon it will be a PodPoint twin 7kw post like at some of their other stores..

·
649 Posts
Hospitals tend to install them for staff only. I reckon it will be a PodPoint twin 7kw post like at some of their other stores..
Aye true - at the time I was based at the hospital for work, but not for the NHS.

At least we have the Aldi now though. :)

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The new Aldi in York has Polar CM charger, not Pod-Point. It is Lidl that go with Pod-Point.
Either way about time there was a charger installed in Whitby. Don't think there's any sign of it yet having walked though the car park only yesterday; certainly didn't notice it.
If it's Polar, their app doesn't work on my phone (silly people.)

Reactions: Spike

·
649 Posts
Hi All,

Incase you didn't know there is a new rapid just outside Thirsk. Yay! It's showing on zap map.
Its a Shell recharge, is expensive 39pkwh and reserves £20 from your card each time you use it, but its there. Can be used on an app (Smoov?) or newmotion card, or just by using contactless.

On the opposite side of the dual carriageway is a bank of 4 insta volts that are installed but not yet up and running (should be any day now). There's also a costa at that side of the road.

It is getting better in North Yorkshire. :)

·
649 Posts
The new Aldi in York has Polar CM charger, not Pod-Point. It is Lidl that go with Pod-Point.
Either way about time there was a charger installed in Whitby. Don't think there's any sign of it yet having walked though the car park only yesterday; certainly didn't notice it.
If it's Polar, their app doesn't work on my phone (silly people.)
Hi John,
The polar app doesn't work on my phone either, which is a bit pants tbh :-(.
Thanks for taking a look, Zap Map says its a Pod Point 7kw (x 2), and Pod point map confirms this. Its on the industrial estate out near Sainsburys not in town. Did Aldi used to be in town or am I thinking of Lidl? Anyway, looks like it should be there somewhere.

741 - 760 of 789 Posts