Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m tentatively thinking about driving to Norway (when permissable) and would be grateful for some advice - does anyone have recent experience of driving in Norway with a UK registered EV, and how best to go about negotiating the toll roads? Eg - is there a need to register first to ensure any EV discount is applied?
Thanks

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,572 Posts
I’m tentatively thinking about driving to Norway (when permissable) and would be grateful for some advice - does anyone have recent experience of driving in Norway with a UK registered EV, and how best to go about negotiating the toll roads? Eg - is there a need to register first to ensure any EV discount is applied?
Thanks
Bobby Llewellyn took a Tesla S to Norway 5years ago for Fully Charged.

·
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers - it’s negotiating the Norwegian toll road system that’s my main query. I’m trying to figure out the best approach to make sure I’d only pay the discounted EV rates...but it may well be that no one else on here has been silly enough to drive a UK EV to Norway!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The only experience I have of Norwegian toll roads is the bill turning up about a month after the holiday ended.

However, we hired a Passat estate and if VW did a proper EV version of it (not the GTE) I'd never buy another car.

·
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems like nobody here can answer. Is there a Noggy EV forum you could ask?
Possibly, but I guess Norway residents may have limited knowledge on how the process works for foreign registered cars. Worth a try though.

·
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only experience I have of Norwegian toll roads is the bill turning up about a month after the holiday ended.

However, we hired a Passat estate and if VW did a proper EV version of it (not the GTE) I'd never buy another car.
Yes, I’ve read something on one of the Norwegian toll websites that says if you don’t do anything you will just get a bill in the post, even with a foreign registered car...but some other things I read seemed to imply that if you do that with an EV you’ll pay full whack, and that to get any applicable discount you either need to tell them what your car is in advance, or sign up for a toll tag - but it’s not completely clear - hence me hoping someone might have already figured it out for me!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Here is the link 4 the Norwegian Toll Road agency.Has everything you need including a Map of all the toll stations in Norway.

All major Cities in the lower part of Norway have tolls in to Center of Town,,,allmost all mountain roads are free. And they send a bill the post if you dont have a Tag in the window.

But Ferde will answer all your questions. Google maps is a good tool to avoid toll roads,,,look in settings.

·
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts