Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking for any advice please.

Wallpod is about 5 years old, but worked without fail until about a year ago when I shut it off at the mains due to no EV in the family.

Anyway, back on now and trying on new Ioniq it's failing to start a charge.

Appreciate any pointers

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
67 Posts
When 1st got my Tesla (since gone) I was looking at the Rolec. however the 1st versions had a terrible name for breaking down and the RCD tripping out or even burning out.

If it is none tethered that was causing an issue with some charging cables. have you got another cable you can try? jag users had that issue.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking round and as far as I can tell if it was the unit would trip and lights go out altogether.

This looks to be starting a charge them stopping and going back to waiting to charge.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
67 Posts
I have been looking round and as far as I can tell if it was the unit would trip and lights go out altogether.

This looks to be starting a charge them stopping and going back to waiting to charge.
I'd try another cable if you have one! Where are you based?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Gateshead, I have a mate who's going to bring his Tesla round and see if same issue using his cable.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,602 Posts
Make sure there isn't a timer set on the car first.

Have you unscrewed the top flap and done the test thingy to make sure the breaker works? If it doesn't flip the charger off then the charger is faulty and will need looking at.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
67 Posts
In Gateshead, I have a mate who's going to bring his Tesla round and see if same issue using his cable.
Try your car on his cable if you can. This was a major issue in 2016 with rolec. They had to swap out a lot of units & were starting to get some serious reputational damage.

let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh, I've just got the car so no schedule set so far.

The trip works good on the pod.

It's weird.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,602 Posts
Definitely try another cable or the same cable with another car. Also try the same cable on a public charger.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used a CCS rapid today without issue.

I'm going to try the 3 pin as well before other lad comes over.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh man, I've just tried 3 pin and it does the same.

Car attempts to charge then stops.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,602 Posts
Oh. That's not good. There's either an in car timer schedule buried somewhere or it's faulty on the AC Charging side.

Check the charge port for anything weird.

If it's been sat about there is the possibility that the 12v battery is flat/bit knackered and that's why it's misbehaving.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,602 Posts
Oh. That's definitely not good. I'd be contacting the garage you bought it from to sort it out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts