Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked British Gas 3 weeks ago to fit home charging unit, so excited, wife took morning off work. No one turned up, no calls etc. I managed to speak with BG who put me onto the company responsible for fitting. They apologised by third party, did not tell me why they had not turned up though and then expect me to take another day off work next week at their convenience. I can not afford to lose a days wages every time they don't turn up. NOT HAPPY AT ALL. My Leaf experience has not got off to a good start.....

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,499 Posts
I had an installation due last Wednesday, no sign of anyone by lunchtime so I called the company that does the installations for BG, seems someone somewhere had rescheduled the installation to the Thursday and not told me. Now scheduled for Wednesday 4th June.
Oops and welcome, lots of info here and not all moans.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Can sympathise, I first tried a local company who were complete time wasting kn0bs before getting chargemaster to fit speedily without hassle. Theee months from start to finish. Simple straightforward installation in a new build. Cheers

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,163 Posts
It would not surprise me that a large majority of UK companies are just fronts for money laundering/drugs/economic migrant trafficking, because they are sure as heck not interested in offering a service so WTF are they there for? A lot of the rest just seem to be operated by people of very low IQ, who over-rate their abilities promising far more than their very meagre skills can deliver to, then get all huffy and offended when you point out how bad they are at their jobs.

We need competency certification and on-going performance monitoring of every UK worker in every profession, if there is any desire to have quality professionals who can actually fulfil jobs.

·
Premium Member
11,205 Posts
Hmmm, resurrection of a thread from 2014...
Yeah and BG gave up installing them a few years ago so hopefully nobody still waiting for them to turn up :D

Reactions: donald
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.