Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Will VX screwup again with few servicing agents, salesmen who do not want to sell etc. It seems below par in range compared to KIA and Hundai, then there is the pricing, we wait and see. It's a Peugeot 208 underneath so hopefully will not drive like the current Corsa's of which I'm not a fan.
Spec suggests less torque than the Amp but a more powerful motor.
Will there be one at Fully Charged? or at least a Peugeot 208 to have a look at?

Range they are quoting "205" miles with a 50kWh battery, My guess this is the WLTP cycle so think 150- 200 winter / summer at a first guess

Reactions: TechFreak

·
Registered
94 Posts
I’m a tight so and so. Until my ampera has paid for itself in fuel cost savings and created the surplus required to buy this I’m not budging.

By then the corsa-e will have hopefully dropped to ampera 2nd Hand prices

·
Registered
175 Posts
Do you this will help with the knowledge of the dealerships? It looks promising, just need the price.
Are you asking whether this should help them support the Ampera? I think any EV that will be supported by Vauxhall will do that as their techs will need basic HV training and certification then its all product specific which I guess will be tech bulletin provided. Of course this won't mean they will have experience of common problems but we suddenly might see an increase in dealerships able to support them.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Reading through this forum and similar resources on-line I just fail to see why the GM Volt/Ampera hasn't been the most successful car of the 21st Century! Yes, I can see that the concept may have been ahead of its time and I can understand why Vx dealers were reticent to support radical change but, to me, the Volt/Ampera was something of a well kept secret until a couple of months ago and I am guessing that this is something that applied to most potential customers. It is all a great shame - especially since our Government are getting the whole EV concept so badly wrong.
To explain my view, I believe that our Government needs to encourage drivers to give up their most polluting vehicles and switch to EVs. The grant funding for charging points favours those who are already wealthy and own their own homes with private drives or garages. I am guessing that the most polluting vehicles are older diesel and petrol cars that have to be parked on the highway because the owner does not have the privilege of off-street parking. As a result, nothing is going to change until we see the roll out of reasonably priced EVs and free charging points at the kerbside.
I am guessing that our greedy energy companies would object to that idea.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Volt and Ampera were pitched at too high a price point, or, depending on how you look at it, not luxurious enough. That were competing against 3 series BMW and C class Merc, and, though the tech is great, the trim is Astra.
In the States, $27k after incentives, here £33k
Then, when they didn't sell, Vauxhall welched on all the special stuff like service pickup, the app, etc
You don't pay that sort of money for Vauxhall service

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
36,943 Posts
Volt and Ampera were pitched at too high a price point, or, depending on how you look at it, not luxurious enough. That were competing against 3 series BMW and C class Merc, and, though the tech is great, the trim is Astra.
In the States, $27k after incentives, here £33k
Then, when they didn't sell, Vauxhall welched on all the special stuff like service pickup, the app, etc
And now £33k is the 'normal' price point for well screwed together EVs? Or is that still much? If not, why not?

·
Registered
483 Posts
As I said - ahead of its time!
And, I guess, too much of a step for the average Vx dealer . . .

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the volt did quite well in the US relative to over here. I think if it had the 5th seat then taxi drivers would have been all over it. Also when mentioning Gov EV subs then don't forget they are also not claiming duty on your fuel. This will change at some point in the future when the major shift to EV's starts to happen. Its already happening over in the US from what I've heard.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I guess not but I have to say that in recent times I have been more than impressed with the service I have received at Vauxhall dealers. Eden Vauxhall in Banbury were very good at looking after my Astra and my first visit to Bellinger at Wantage was an excellent experience.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don’t think taxis would have been on this car due to how long it takes to fully charge.

Normal hybrids work better.

My experience with Vauxhall leicester has been shockingly poor.

Now that my warranty will be finishing I’ll be looking for a good Indy.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The Ampera is too low for a taxi.
Also boot space would have been an issue.
However effency wouldn't have been a factor, 100 miles at Avg 30 mph would have been amazing.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Looks like Peugeot - sorry Vauxhall - might be trying to sell the Corsa-e, had an e-mailer with pictures, offer on a charger, specs and pricing example. Taking a leaf out of another EV maker they are taking deposits:D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Hoping there might be one to at least sit in at fully charged as we will need a 5 seater in the near future when my son and family come over to visit:love:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.