Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week when it rained rather heavily I could have sworn that the range kept bouncing all over the place. One moment it said 106 miles and within two seconds it said 99 miles. I dismissed this has me being tired, however, this afternoon it has really poured down and the same thing has happen. The range reading kept changing from every couple of minutes with the biggest loss over 10 miles in range but then it would come back.

Has anyone else spotted this in the rain? It may be adjusting for surface water e.t.c. but I am not really sure.

I would be really pleased if someone could solve the mystery for me.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I think general consensus is you are seeing this behaviour as a result of the hvac cycling on and off.

My thoughts about B are for a different reason
I am convinced you get a semi tramping effect through the diff in B, the ride is certainly rougher and can be noticeably different on faster roads.

I wonder if in extreme conditions, mud, aqua planing, ice etc a single wheel could even lock up for a split second when lifting off the go pedal.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Last week when it rained rather heavily I could have sworn that the range kept bouncing all over the place. One moment it said 106 miles and within two seconds it said 99 miles. I dismissed this has me being tired, however, this afternoon it has really poured down and the same thing has happen. The range reading kept changing from every couple of minutes with the biggest loss over 10 miles in range but then it would come back.

Has anyone else spotted this in the rain? It may be adjusting for surface water e.t.c. but I am not really sure.

I would be really pleased if someone could solve the mystery for me.

Thanks

Chris
Sounds like they pinched the GOM software from a Gen 1 Leaf!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts