Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All...

We're crossing the Pond again for a visit and had so much fun with fellow SpeakEV rEVolutionaries last year that we wanted to see if we can do another Social and Drinks.

[edited out, we have a location: This time around Brixton (I am currently using the Postcode for the Tube Station). I am still getting a recommendation for a place from my local friend and wanted to block out the date. So, we will update the Venue in the near future. I also have this down for two hours, but if it's anything like last time, we're probably going for 3! ;-)]

[EDIT To add details and links to the location recommended, moved from Brixton to Clapham Common]

This time, Clapham. Date has been changed to Friday, November 18. The location is The King & Co., a short five minute walk from Clapham Common (King & Co - How to Find Us) There's also free parking that starts at 1830 according to the Pub.

Here are links to the location. Please RSVP early so I can get us a booking.
Attendees, please PM me with mobile and I will send you my US mobile to be able to text me or WhatsApp on day of.

[EDITED... (This was on the 17th not on 18th) Apparently, there's a Red Church Beer Takeover (with some free tastings) at 1900.]

Just wanted to get this thread started.

Wondering if @dpeilow @MikeProcter (and his lovely wife) @RickMGoldie @Sussex Trug will be able to make the 2nd one. Perhaps @Mark J Constable can join us on this one as there is no new Bond film premiering this year. Others? @donald @evmeerkat @GreyDad (care to make the 150 mile or longer drive?) @gzoom @Jack @Mr_G @smartie. Hopefully the timing would work for our illustrious SpeakEV Big Kahuna @Paul

[Edited afterwards... MEA CULPA on not mentioning @Tim Ostler, purely my fault for cutting and pasting our list from the panoramic he took of us... He is of course requested to join in!]

So. Who is IN?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Extraordinary - I log in for the first time in weeks and see this. Defo - I'm in.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Oh, and venue-wise, if beer quality is a decision criterion, then it's Craft Beer Co Brixton or the Crown & Anchor, north up Brixton Road :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I think I could drag myself up to The Smoke for that. I just retired this week so I'll have to make a special trip in, but no work to get in the way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am upset that you left me out @Dennis ! However I need to confirm whether I can make it down to Brixton that evening...
It's all MY FAULT. @Tim Ostler I cut and paste the FIRST list from the PANORAMA that you took! Of Course I thought of you, I just thought I added you in when I pasted the first list. MEA CULPA (would an extra drink make amends?)

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, and venue-wise, if beer quality is a decision criterion, then it's Craft Beer Co Brixton or the Crown & Anchor, north up Brixton Road :D
I think I could drag myself up to The Smoke for that. I just retired this week so I'll have to make a special trip in, but no work to get in the way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wife and I are wine drinkers... So, we're partial to a place that has good wine.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Wife and I are wine drinkers... So, we're partial to a place that has good wine.
Er, Brixton may not be the nirvana you're hoping for on that score. There's a decent shop there, but haven't actually drunk any vino within several miles of the place. Anyone?

Reactions: RickMGoldie

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Er, Brixton may not be the nirvana you're hoping for on that score. There's a decent shop there, but haven't actually drunk any vino within several miles of the place. Anyone?
There was a good place our friend took us to last year. I'm hopeful.

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brixton's quite the hipster place these days - there must be somewhere...
That's what it felt like last year

Far cry to the image I had of Brixton as a Clash fan. Much nicer and gentler.

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just remember the riots - used to give it a very wide berth. But that was 40 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that was probably what the Clash wrote and sang about.

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
I just remember the riots - used to give it a very wide berth. But that was 40 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Notting Hill had riots too!

And don't forget the Knightsbridge Riots, the Chelsea Riots and -- worst of all - the Mayfair Riots, in which somewhat disgruntled hedge fund managers complained in the strongest possible terms about the parking bays not being big enough for their Rolls-Royces...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sounds like fun, but the whole idea of driving Into the smoke for a 6 pm meetup has less than zero draw :(
Which applies to using public transport too I'm afraid :confused:
For everyone else, have fun (y)

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
I've said maybe, as I am chairing a meeting at our Didcot office until at least 4pm and getting to Brixton by 6 would be quite a mission.

If it were in or around Paddington again like last time that would make life a lot easier. Clapham Junction or Waterloo would also be preferable.

Otherwise, south of the river at night... o_O

1 - 20 of 72 Posts