Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been here a few weeks now as a wannabe EV owner. We did the deal today @ Motorpoint and bought a summit White Chevrolet Volt 2nd hand. Amazing car and deal for the money. Very happy. Just a shame the wife will be driving it to work 5 days a week :(.

Chevrolet Volt 2012, Summit white, mint condition, 15k, full service history, satnav model, 1 service left of 3 year Chevy deal, and only £17k. May 2012 registered so still under Chevy warranty for 8 months.

Previous owner was a careful EV user as it has a lifetime MPG of 250+. EVSE works fine and it is currently charging in the carport, will be fully charged by 3.15am apparently! :D

M

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your EV motoring.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Photos? :D

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How are you getting on with the Volt and getting it serviced?

John.
Wife has done 22k miles now and ignoring the Motorpoint service they did just before we collected it, it is due it's 2nd Chevy service at 24k or sometime in May.

As we have 1 free chevy service left from the first owners 3 year service package we will take it to Bellingers in Wantage. After that the Ampera Vauxhall dealer in MK is happy to service it.

But it's going geat. As we got it just before the temp dropped the first 3 weeks was 99% EV, but since then she has done 1500 miles on petrol out of 7000 on a 50 miles daily round trip to work and weekend driving. We basically put in £30 petrol a month and our old BMW 320i took £250+ of LPG and Petrol. So even in winter the fuel savings are paying most of the £250 p/m personal loan.

Got back to 33 miles pure EV range in the sun on Sunday so maybe 1 more month and we will be back to 99% EV again and probably £15 a month petrol or less.

M

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wife has done 22k miles now and ignoring the Motorpoint service they did just before we collected it, it is due it's 2nd Chevy service at 24k or sometime in May.

As we have 1 free chevy service left from the first owners 3 year service package we will take it to Bellingers in Wantage. After that the Ampera Vauxhall dealer in MK is happy to service it.

But it's going geat. As we got it just before the temp dropped the first 3 weeks was 99% EV, but since then she has done 1500 miles on petrol out of 7000 on a 50 miles daily round trip to work and weekend driving. We basically put in £30 petrol a month and our old BMW 320i took £250+ of LPG and Petrol. So even in winter the fuel savings are paying most of the £250 p/m personal loan.

Got back to 33 miles pure EV range in the sun on Sunday so maybe 1 more month and we will be back to 99% EV again and probably £15 a month petrol or less.

M
Sorry I missed your reply. Yes, I've been doing the sums on a spreadsheet and no matter how I work it, against my 300c I'm saving £250 a month. I'm been very frugal with my estimations of the capabilities of the Volt / Ampera, so I'm not kidding myself.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
You're probably right. Also, the Volt doesn't come in that lovely red, does it? I could live, quite happily with either version to be honest. A very attractive interior for both models.
I figure the grey will age better than the White....
But in all likelihood, they will both look awesome still in 19 years ;) just like a delorean :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts