Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really growing on me. I mean, I've driven a Model S in this colour before and always liked the pearlescent quality more than a flat white. I've seen some Model 3s in person in the colour as well, but now it's "free" it has me intrigued.

I've been watching quite a few videos of this colour option. I actually really like the contrasty look and it seems to suit the aero wheels well. Just to pointlessly start yet another thread on the topic - what are y'all thinking about this colour (or shade)?

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's really growing on me. I mean, I've driven a Model S in this colour before and always liked the pearlescent quality more than a flat white. I've seen some Model 3s in person in the colour as well, but now it's "free" it has me intrigued.

I've been watching quite a few videos of this colour option. I actually really like the contrasty look and it seems to suit the aero wheels well. Just to pointlessly start yet another thread on the topic - what are y'all thinking about this colour (or shade)?
I had just decided too change to white yesterday, as I’d decided it was the nicest colour to go with aero wheels. I like it even better when I’ve saved £1500 today. Unfortunately it will mean I will see more of them on the roads tho.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Our Model S in USA is Pearl White and is OH favourite colour on Model 3, but we didn't think it was worth extra cost over her 2nd choice of MSM.

Now it is "free" it made sense to change order and pocket the £950 MSM would have cost, which will pay for a lot of hand washing visits ;) We stuck with LR-AWD when P "lite" appeared and are very happy we did that!

Tesla confirmed we were VIN matched to a car, so it was a hard decision as could be 4 more weeks to wait - or so they said.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My brother owns a coachworks, through familial osmosis I can tell you that is bullsh!t, the idea that plain white is more difficult to manage than pearl white is a total nonsense....
That may depend on if Tesla already has repainted replacement body parts in pearl white stocked all over the USA.......

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Red can be painted from the same tin by the same painter in the same paintshop on the same car on a different day and it will not match.

Looks much worse when you see it under a yellow street light (sodium vapour lamp) and it will look vastly different.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Parts are shipped in primer, they leave it to authorise bodyshops to mismatch the painting!
I've read in several places that Tesla are actually pre-painting high turnover replacement parts like bumpers. Makes sense as there are so few colours and they are introducing their own bodyshops in the US. So effectively adding another colour choice is not going to help the logistics, so they must have decided it was better to stay with a single pearl white option. But maybe they will price in the higher paint cost sooner or later or maybe charging for the other colours will more or less cancel out the paint cost over time. I guess that depends how popular the "free" white actually becomes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We have a pearl white Model X. Looks great and finish has held up very well over 18 months 25k miles. Ordered an M3 in white too, great that it's now free!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep white and the dark aeros looks great. Plus the door handles and chrome blend in better. Frankly it was white becoming the free colour that tipped me over the edge to placing my order the day it changed with the price drop.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was going to go for the white but I changed to Silver on the day I placed the order. Whilst I really like white I know that I wouldn't put the effort into keeping it spotless, which I think white needs, for the next few years. Silver will hopefully hide the dirt better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine will be white, it was the colour I wanted but couldn't justify £1500. When the price changed I changed my order.

It looks good with the Aero's and chrome.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts