Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
White will be better at hiding scratches. Previous two cars I had were black and you can see every speck of dust on it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am still thinking of getting Gtechniq ceramic coating on mine..... but its the best part of £1000 to have it done :(

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm thinking of PPF as I intend to keep the car for a while. Cost is quite a bit but from what I've seen it looks good.
Yeah the self-healing PPF is very good... however the prices aren't.
£1500 for front coverage and £3000 for entire car.
At these prices, you could just save the money and when you do come to sell the car, get it resprayed / detailed etc.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've also read that some places won't insure if your car has PPF or will charge extra due to the "modification". With Model 3 insurance being a bit delicate, at least at the moment, could this not be an issue as well?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've also read that some places won't insure if your car has PPF or will charge extra due to the "modification". With Model 3 insurance being a bit delicate, at least at the moment, could this not be an issue as well?
Your right and yes its true, I have heard the same too from multiple sources.
It too much in my opinion.......
£1500 to have front end PPF's.... when not let the stone chips gather and when it is really bad, have the front end re-painted again?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
2,904 Posts
I better check that out, that was one thing that wasn't mentioned when I visited the place.

·
Graphite Grey would be my pick
27 Posts
I will get MSM. I have had a pearl white car for over two years and have to clean it twice a week, rain or shine. it is lovely after cleaning, but that does not last, and it is waxed with Meguiars. It shows any light scratches and stone chips easily. The only thing it is easy to touch up
the only benefit, it keeps me fit cleaning it!
maybe though it might not be everybody's experience, I do about 150 miles per day

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yep white and the dark aeros looks great. Plus the door handles and chrome blend in better. Frankly it was white becoming the free colour that tipped me over the edge to placing my order the day it changed with the price drop.
Same here, bonus getting the Pearl White for free when I was only after plain white, along with the price reduction.
Winner winner as they say😂👍

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I have had 2 PW MS and love colour but felt like a change this time around.

Not advised if you are OCD about panel gaps, but actually quite easy to keep clean. Also a good colour for avoiding dings in car parks.

Only real negative for me was that the rear bumper discoloured slightly on my 1st MS over the ~3 years I had the car.

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,062 Posts
Finally picking up a White M3P+ tomorrow :D
I’m hoping for a white M3P. I say hoping because I’m getting it via evezy and they ordered black, the no cost option at the time. As the delivery has been delayed it would be great if all the black ones have already gone and they send white ones out. This would be better for evezy because all the other cars on their fleet are white. (Expect maybe the ipace, but they weren’t able to get many of them anyway).

Can we have some pictures please, just to make me even more disappointed when mine arrives in black, as it surely will :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
I’m hoping for a white M3P. I say hoping because I’m getting it via evezy and they ordered black, the no cost option at the time. As the delivery has been delayed it would be great if all the black ones have already gone and they send white ones out. This would be better for evezy because all the other cars on their fleet are white. (Expect maybe the ipace, but they weren’t able to get many of them anyway).

Can we have some pictures please, just to make me even more disappointed when mine arrives in black, as it surely will :(
Saw a black in Bracknell yesterday, it was clean and looked real slick.....and then it was gone........whooosh. I have never seen a car disappear so fast.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts