Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Looks good mate. (y)

Are they Eibach Sport springs? I’ve got a set of H&Rs sitting in the workshop waiting for me to get around to fit them.

I’ve always had Eibachs in the past, but read good things about H&R too.

I think I’ll be sticking with 17s though, but 18s+ do look good on the Mk7 Golfs.

Any range/efficiency thoughts yet?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good mate. (y)

Are they Eibach Sport springs? I’ve got a set of H&Rs sitting in the workshop waiting for me to get around to fit them.

I’ve always had Eibachs in the past, but read good things about H&R too.

I think I’ll be sticking with 17s though, but 18s+ do look good on the Mk7 Golfs.

Any range/efficiency thoughts yet?
The ride is definitely a bit stiffer, but I do find it very compliant.

Well, range. I have covered 53 miles today. mostly running my kids into their various jobs and back out home. MOstly driving at 50-55 when I could. Sunday drivers everywhere meant nothing faster. then, of course, driving at town speeds of 30mph and less. I have returned 4.5mi/kw. This week will be more of a test for me as I tend to drive the 34.5 miles to work and same way back home at the exact same speed every day (cruise at 50mph) interesting side note. I tried a week of 60mph driving and I found i only averaged getting to work or home 4 mins faster. So I'd rather drive at a relaxed 50 and get home that little bit safer. and save on energy.

So I digress. I will know better this week if they have impacted the range much. Last week the mi/kw for the week was about 4.0-4.1. It was a very cold week, but it was mostly dry with very little wind.

The car now excites me when I catch a glimpse of it anywhere be it Driveway or supermarket carpark. whereas before the wheels and suspension it was more of a means to an end car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks lovely, just the direction I'd like to take mine. Is that the r-line kit on it too?. Any more pics?.

How did you go about fitting the front bumper side skirts/diffusers?.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks lovely, just the direction I'd like to take mine. Is that the r-line kit on it too?. Any more pics?.

How did you go about fitting the front bumper side skirts/diffusers?.
I don't have any skirts or splitters fitted, must just be the way the evening sunset was shining on the car. I took this one yesterday when it was nice and clean. Today it's stinking again. UK weather, pure blue skies one day the next pouring with rain all-day

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing I have noticed. My dip beam seems a bit low now.

I guess lowering the car lowers the angle of the beam also. I feel like the lights when in dip is very close too the car and would need a small adjustment to give a further reach

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Was the drop more at the front than the back?

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
In the ICE world this is normally followed by fitting oversized discs .....
What is the EV equivalent?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts