Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An advert for my father-in-laws e-Up but it was my wife's previously so i'm happy to answer questions. He is upgrading to a larger EV.

These are a rare but fantastic small EV, suited to shorter range but with CCS can be used longer range - I have done from the Scottish border to Southhampton and back in it! It charges slightly faster than an e-Golf due to a higher pack voltage and an average CCS stop on a journey would be about 20 minutes!

It is a dream to drive, has go-cart acceleration and handling and has the advantage (for some) of not looking like an EV.

Only 26,250 miles, Full MOT (needs one in about 2 months so will get one for the new owner) just had brand new genuine VW alloys fitted all round as the originals had water damage to the lacquer (common on early e-Up's). Can include the old wheels with a separate negotiation. Genuine VW service history.

This car is actually one of the original VW press cars for the launch and was one of the first few in the country. VOLKSWAGEN E-UP - How Many Left? It is still covered by the VW 8 year battery warranty and shows very little sign of battery degradation.

Please don't contact me with "you could get a leaf for less" type of comments as I know that but not everyone wants a Leaf.

I'm attaching a PDF of the original sales brochure. Pictures below, more pictures can be sent on request.

Has both original charging cables and a full size spare alloy wheel and tyre included. - located in Cumbria.

If you want one of these then this will be one of the best you could find I think. ‭07545 758840‬

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to be clear, following a question I had, the wheels are brand new genuine VW Alloys a set of four fitted just this month.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,728 Posts
Same as the 2nd hand purchase price in 2015.

That was cheap motoring!!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Same as the 2nd hand purchase price in 2015.

That was cheap motoring!!
We are trading in my wife's 64 plate Zoe for £6000, bought over 3 years ago for £5495 at same dealer.
Seems EVs are holding their own ATM.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Donald, I think buying an EV in 2015 felt like much more of a risk for most folk compared to how, the jury was still out on how batteries would hold up etc. it's true that the values did hit a low point around then before bouncing up again especially the Zoe. Fact remains that similar cars to this one are currently are advertised at dealers between £11K and £12K. If you want one of these this is a good one IMO.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tweaked the price. Now the cheapest one for sale in the country - possibly? I have only checked Autotrader.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts