·
Registered
2015 BMW i3 REx 60ah, Solar Orange
81 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
538 Posts
I wouldn't mind them pushing against EVs if they had their facts straight. I'm not here because electric is somehow perfect but because it is better than fossil. The report skewed the "facts" to make EVs look bad - it took a worst case EV against a best case fossil, kind of thing. For example it assumed standard "not thinking" charging, whereas 99% of people charge at night when it's cheaper - and also when it's greener.

Not only that most people hereabouts go for a renewables electricity suppy, so that, by definition is very green. And if have solar panels then you are even greener. And if you're like me you have a charging setup that chooses the greenest possible charging profile rather than just assuming all night has the same green/cheap credentials. And if you are like me, I can make my green credentials even better - I will.

I don't know if anyone lives in the same constituency as Aston Martin in Warwickshire, but the local MP wrote the foreward to the report. So writing to your MP to ask him his reasons for signing off on such a biased report might be worth chasing up. No obection to him supporting a local company. But a report that is in direct opposition to the stated goals of his partyy & this government deserves an explanation, imo.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I wouldn't mind them pushing against EVs if they had their facts straight. I'm not here because electric is somehow perfect but because it is better than fossil. The report skewed the "facts" to make EVs look bad - it took a worst case EV against a best case fossil, kind of thing. For example it assumed standard "not thinking" charging, whereas 99% of people charge at night when it's cheaper - and also when it's greener.

Not only that most people hereabouts go for a renewables electricity suppy, so that, by definition is very green. And if have solar panels then you are even greener. And if you're like me you have a charging setup that chooses the greenest possible charging profile rather than just assuming all night has the same green/cheap credentials. And if you are like me, I can make my green credentials even better - I will.

I don't know if anyone lives in the same constituency as Aston Martin in Warwickshire, but the local MP wrote the foreward to the report. So writing to your MP to ask him his reasons for signing off on such a biased report might be worth chasing up. No obection to him supporting a local company. But a report that is in direct opposition to the stated goals of his partyy & this government deserves an explanation, imo.
Local MP sounds like he was rather mislead too.

There another thread running on this story. Will find a link...

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
If they make a song & dance about it, who's going to buy their present expensive & hugely profitable ICE road-rockets in the meantime? I wouldn't, knowing there's something that's going to leave it for dead coming along that has the same heritage/feel/camaraderie etc associated with the brand.

Reactions: Neilew
1 - 7 of 7 Posts