Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to forum- Ive just placed order for A3 Etron.
Ive got a few days to finalise my extras so any thoughts / recommendations on these?:

Cosmos blue
Blue rally cloth seats
comfort pack (B&O stereo, heated front seats, parking system plus)
Virtual cockpit & flat steering wheel
privacy glass
park assist
storage pack

in two minds about roof rails - any recommendations?

Cheers
Mark

·
Has it started yet ?
129 Posts
Is adaptive cruise control - standard now - essential item in my view.
Rear camera.
park assist front and rear.
My car had 18x7.5J wheels - The 17's on another demo car were a better ride so we did a swap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is adaptive cruise control - standard now - essential item in my view.
Rear camera.
park assist front and rear.
My car had 18x7.5J wheels - The 17's on another demo car were a better ride so we did a swap.
adaptive cuise is £200 extra, dont use cruise much anyway so wasn't going to bother?
rear camera £375 which i thought was a bit steep
park assist only £125 if youve got comfort back
As for wheels was going to upgrade but decided to save £800 plus Im not that fussed about the design options, might change later to S3 alloys!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Agree Acc is essential especially with electric drive. Dont confuse with old constant speed cruise. I would have the reversing camera. Auto dimming mirror? Ambient lighting?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd definitely recommend the 5 year warranty. My e-tron is coming up to 3 years old and I'm still not sure the pre-heating air-conditioning arrangements are working in a logical manner, nor for that matter, whether the front connector is a little dodgy on some charging points…even if you don’t intend to keep the car for that long it may help with any future transfer.

As for the above, I find the ACC really useful in slow moving traffic (and in 30 limit country roads!). I did have it on a manual Golf (as a courtesy car when Audi were sorting out another niggle) and that was bizarre but on the e-tron it’s worth it – see if you can try it on a demonstrator if you’re not sure. I’d also second the value of the reversing camera (it’s really useful when parking in bays too as it sees straight down and you can judge nicely when you are in the slot).

The High Beam adjust (or whatever it’s called) is useful – not essential – but it wasn’t too expensive and removes the need to dip when trying to avoid on-coming traffic on the non 30 limit country roads at night (takes just a second or so to revert to main though).

I didn’t bother with the heated seats and I’m not sure I missed them even in the recent cold weather – I did find the pre-heating air-con really useful though!

The storage pack has been moderately useful - not so much for lashing stuff down in the boot (there’s not much room to lash a cat down in there), but for the additional pockets in the car (if you can remember where they all are!).

I think I’d explore leather seats or at least part leather if I were ever to buy another e-tron – the low access and high sided seats suggest to me that the edge of the seat may get distressed in time. Perhaps though it’s my nimbleness at fault here!

Think about roofbars if you think you might want to transport more than a few people sometime taking your charging bag with you and more than an overnight bag or two (I think I’m suggesting putting the bags on the roof here…).

Good luck with your new car!

Kind regards, Stefan

·
Registered
72 Posts
Reversing camera is well worth considering- once you've had one you'll always want one. I miss folding mirrors on mine especially as they usefully show when you've locked the car with the comfort access..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Cnixon, Stefan, Woodwych
Youve got me thinking about the acc...! its £200 so might stretch to that after all.

dimming mirror inc, storage sounds good but cant quite work out what you get with the ambient lighting - feels a bit OTT.

As for light upgrade thats £895 for matrix (pricey I think)
Leather £1,000 / £1,250 - I might consider it if they were like the S3 quilted seats but there just the same design but in leather (think Ill stick with cloth)

rear view camera £375, folding mirrors £275 but where do you stop?! park assist at £125 is cheap though

Im unsure about roof bars, all the press photos show them and I do wonder if it makes the car look sleeker

must admit I am think warranty a good idea with such an advanced car which at the moment we are proposing to keep £245 / £545 (Audi website rubbish fo explaining what you get)

Ive got a few more days to ponder!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, new to forum- Ive just placed order for A3 Etron.
Ive got a few days to finalise my extras so any thoughts / recommendations on these?:

Cosmos blue
Blue rally cloth seats
comfort pack (B&O stereo, heated front seats, parking system plus)
Virtual cockpit & flat steering wheel
privacy glass
park assist
storage pack

in two minds about roof rails - any recommendations?

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,

Have you been given an estimated delivery date yet? I ordered my A3 e-tron in December 2017, expected delivery date was today...but then got pushed back until mid-June.

Kind regards,

P

·
Registered
8 Posts
Second the back-up camera and ACC. Once you have it you will never want to go back.

Roof rails can be added at a later stage if you find a need. I did that on mine. Don't compromise on the tech + VC

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
adaptive cuise is £200 extra, dont use cruise much anyway so wasn't going to bother?
rear camera £375 which i thought was a bit steep
park assist only £125 if youve got comfort back
As for wheels was going to upgrade but decided to save £800 plus Im not that fussed about the design options, might change later to S3 alloys!
You won't after you hear that "crunch"sound because you didn't get it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update on order, I was too late to amend but I’m told it will arrive in uk mid /end May although due to an existing lease the garage are going to keep it until end June.

Can yiuvrettofit a reversing camera?!!!

Latest thoughts are to book it in for a ceramic paint treatment -£500, takes 3 days, lasts 4years - thoughts anyone?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts