Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know how it works out, need to pre book for a trip there in December
Will do. I'd be extremely surprised if the spots aren't ICE'd as I'll get there for around 11:30. Will do a top up stop at South Mimms before the 02 to plan for this scenario.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey guys i can confirm you have to call to book just make sure you stioulate that you need to reserve an electric bay,i was there earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised, think its about £13.50 and none of the bays were iced.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Last time I went there all the spaces were iced ! Gutted as I could have gotten a full charge :(
I nearly went out and purchased a 15m extension lead from the local B&Q, but then thought better of it ....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am also going to the ATP World Finals but taking my ICE :(
Can't blame you for that. It's a fair distance from you but just about doable from MK at 100% charge. I easily get to the BP Ilford rapid with 20% left so don't think the o2 is too much further than that. Would be nice to charge whilst there and not bother with stopping on the way home.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
We did think about taking the Leaf but we have other things to do that would make it doubly difficult so the ICE it is.

We are there on the 14th for both afternoon and evening sessions :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We did think about taking the Leaf but we have other things to do that would make it doubly difficult so the ICE it is.

We are there on the 14th for both afternoon and evening sessions :)
We're doing both sessions on the 10th. Always feel that the final group games can be poor with nothing to play for.

Now planning a day trip to the French Open. Park up the Leaf around St Pancras, get first or second Eurostar of the day and then cycle over to Roland Garros for start of play at 11am and end up back at home by midnight. Be great to do that trip all on electric.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Drat. I just paid £21 for this Saturday before looking at this thread. Is there any reason why I can't just turn up and charge if the point is free? Would there be any way to know if it was reserved?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Asda
Bugsby Way
London SE7 7ST

i would go here and walk free to charge too or if not and you have a source london i would

go here
Sainsbury's Greenwich
55 Bugsby's Way
London SE10 0QJ

·
Registered
309 Posts
not sure if there is a gate or ANPR cameras i carry a roll of duct tape if i suspect cameras on entrance exit i stop and cover number plate it gets you over the 2 hour parking crap they have in some car parks

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Drat. I just paid £21 for this Saturday before looking at this thread. Is there any reason why I can't just turn up and charge if the point is free? Would there be any way to know if it was reserved?
How did you get on with finding and using the charge points?

Finally got through their busy telephone line after 2 days of trying and booked my spot at £13.50.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Finally got through their busy telephone line after 2 days of trying and booked my spot at £13.50.
I just pulled up to the gate and showed my ticket and asked the man for directions,but they are really easy to find, i must confess to plugging into the rapid because i was in a hurry.I cant remember how many bays there were it must be 5-10 and none of them were iced and just one more leaf plugged in, dont know how it stands now with source london.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Things went smoothly. I had the satnav running and the signposts were good. I spotted the charging points as soon as I drove in. I plugged into the rapid and charged up to 99%. Later in the day the car park filled up but I didn't see any ICEing or anyone else using the points.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts