Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered my LEAF and I am concerned that when my home charger installation appointment comes through that there are going to be issues with my O2 coverage.

We have patchy O2 coverage at our house you see.

What happens if the signal isn't good enough for the installation?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I have the same issue here, its so poor most of the time you cannot even make calls however...

When the installer came he had a signal meter and ran around the cul de sac seeking out the minimum viable signal which he found and said "thats passed" even though he was a long way from the chargepoint :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh OK, fingers crossed then. Apparently we are between 2 masts. We have to use the TU go app on our WiFi in the house. I usually get my texts quick enough when I walk the dog around the estate, so hopefully it will be ok.

·
Registered
98 Posts
When I was looking to have my charger fitted, I looked at different chargers.....podpoint , chargemaster etc and each had a different network....think podpoint was tmobile...and free as the Bg one is

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I believe I'm obliged to go with British Gas because of the motability scheme. I have 3 months to sort it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't believe you are obliged as anyone is entitled to a eV charger at home, it's a government scheme and has nothing to do with mobility

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called motability and it has to be British gas :( they are the motability approved partner

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK.....they are with vauxhall and my ampera, but was able to go with anyone, I would ask someone like popping, if it gives you a better option

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe it was just the person I spoke to. I heard from someone else that it didn't have to be British Gas, so I called them to check.

Oh well, I will see how it goes with British Gas for now, I have until November.

I'm glad I went and ordered it as soon as I got my letter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
British Gas have installed the charger now :)

Motability provided a code for British Gas through my dealer. I just have to wait for the certificate and the Car (Car due November).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts