Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is anybody using an OBD dongle to upload live data into ABRP via EV Notify?
I’m looking for a Bluetooth dongle that will work with IPhone and able to work with EV Notify to get the data into ABRP.
Recommendations welcome.

·
Registered
498 Posts
if you have Ioniq28 then EVNotify should work ok, but it doesn't work yet for ioniq38- at least I can't get it to work. Seems there is an update due with that option.

The dongles seem to be very hit and miss, as I had a few that didnt work. I recently bought the VGate bluetooth dongle that appears to connect ok to an old android phone (doesn't connect to iOS phone) cost is £16.81 from amazon. On the photo it has a green banding around the unit. That one also has a sleep function, unlike most of the other cheap ones. Couldn't find anywhere in uk selling the green dongle that is recommended by TeslaBjorn.

Also recommend you look at the BM2 battery monitor (about £15 if you can wait for the slow boat). It also links via bluetooth to the android phone. Has identified some interesting results with the 12v battery when the car is not plugged in - I resorted to using a 12v battery maintainer (noco genius5) as that battery kept dropping below 12v.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want BT so I can still get data on my phone using the phone signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts