Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to connect to the OBD port and use an app like Leaf Spy or similar yet? Just wondered if it worked and showed SOC percentage remaining etc. Dont see why it wouldn't work as the OBD ports on all cars comply to the same standards and protocols. Haven't got my car yet so I cant try it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes, I have an OBD2 bluetooth dongle which I use with Torque Pro on my Volvo. I put it on the MG and it connected, but so far I can't see any useful additional data in Torque Pro. Things like rpm, fuel flow, manifold vacuum, turbo pressure etc. don't seem to work for some reason....

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was trying to get it to show outside temperature, but so far I can't find a data point for that in Torque Pro. are there any EV specific apps which perport to show more relevant info from EV cars? I know that there are folks trying to get OVMS working with the MG, and they've needed to find another CAN bus in the car, as the one connected to the OBD2 port doesn't seem to be presenting any useful info.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,209 Posts
For my info, where is the ODB port on the MG?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,209 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes behind the front panel easy to access when you see it, get down below front panel under the steering wheel and look up behind it in the drivers footwell RHS towards bonnet release. it is close to the front edge a large 'D' shaped plug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts