Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
There are lots of options. Looking at parameters starting HV-EM is a start. Strangely I haven't found much of interest in the Battery Module. It does give SOC as a %. I'm not sure if it is there that it shows the actual SOC % or the same as the display on the dash. I lost my note book where I had written down the places to look and I had found out what I wanted to know by then and haven't been ticking boxes again. Also the app has changed and I still remember the old layout.

Post 28 on page 2 of this thread is a start. There's some info on a PDF in post 38. I haven't looked at it but it may be helpful.
You might be able to make some sense out of Page 4 of this thread, does list the modules people have been looking in and some of the parameters that have been selected and useful.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I have only got my e-Golf 4 weeks now. I would like to get an OBDeleven dongle. I have gone on the website. Why would it be worth double the money for the New OBD2 dongle? or am I better saving the 50Euro and getting the older Pro version?
I've got the older version. Someone did ask about it and said they were going to try getting the older one then upgrade to pro if needed. Maybe they know by now, or was that Arianto?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
So simple calculation means that my 2017 e golf has lost around 2kWh capacity (?)
That's showing you are at 98% charge so that's not far out.
Mine was 30.5kWh last time I checked, and being colder now it will be slightly lower. I think of mine as having 30kWh usable, 2 years old and 40k miles.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That's showing you are at 98% charge so that's not far out.
Mine was 30.5kWh last time I checked, and being colder now it will be slightly lower. I think of mine as having 30kWh usable, 2 years old and 40k miles.
I am only really interested in seeing the SOC and maybe the Charging rate when plugged into CCS. I'd also like to change the VESS to OFF on start-up. I'm not sure if much more can be done with the e-golf. I see a lot of Yanks muck about with the rear lights and how they flash...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi just noticed the post and just back from a sunny winter break - Car now delivered (and loving it) but not had chance to try out the OBD11 (starter) to a great extent but had a brief look using the new ver and not noticed any differences in what's reported but yes seen SOC and other live data - will have a good look at the weekend - the thing I am unable to do is advise on the claimed improved processing speeds as I have no reference against the previous ver - selecting the individual values every time is a pain so being able to save a profile would be really useful....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Agreed. I have asked Voltas IT several times for an “app” specifically for the e-Golf that shows SoC, pack voltage, usable kWh, and average temperature. Maybe if more of us ask, they will program it sooner?

·
Registered
88 Posts
what's the different between "High Voltage battery energy information" and "HV-EM high voltage battery energy information" ?

real capacity and useable capacity ?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
what's the different between "High Voltage battery energy information" and "HV-EM high voltage battery energy information" ?

real capacity and useable capacity ?
The HV-EM is the usable energy. The other one tracks it but goes to zero about the same time the car switches to full eco mode and switches off the heating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So here is mine..

So simple calculation means that my 2017 e golf has lost around 2kWh capacity (?)
View attachment 127065
I got my egolf today and plugged in my odb11 I got the original version. When I run the HV-EM Energy Information from live data I get a 'Function not available'.

I cant find out why I get this and not sure if it's the car or app issue.

Anyone else find this?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I got my egolf today and plugged in my odb11 I got the original version. When I run the HV-EM Energy Information from live data I get a 'Function not available'.

I cant find out why I get this and not sure if it's the car or app issue.

Anyone else find this?

Thanks
Mark
Not something I've seen and I have no idea how to help, sorry. Maybe posting on their forum might help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks woodulike I'll try that. Can I ask don you have the odb pro version or just the normal one.

I posted some more info about it here

161 - 178 of 178 Posts