Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As do many others, I use the excellent EVNotify to keep me up to date with the charging state while the Kona's on a rapid charger. This retrieves its data via Bluetooth (could also be WiFi) from an OBDII dongle connected to the car's CAN data network.

Does anyone know who reverse engineered the CAN packet IDs and format to extract this information? When we get our Polestar 2, I want to be able to do the same thing, but no-one seems to have worked out which packets to decode and what they mean. Thought it might be worth contacting those who did it for the Kona/e-Niro/Soul/Ioniq and find out how they did it...

Thanks for any pointers!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi everyone,

As do many others, I use the excellent EVNotify to keep me up to date with the charging state while the Kona's on a rapid charger. This retrieves its data via Bluetooth (could also be WiFi) from an OBDII dongle connected to the car's CAN data network.

Does anyone know who reverse engineered the CAN packet IDs and format to extract this information? When we get our Polestar 2, I want to be able to do the same thing, but no-one seems to have worked out which packets to decode and what they mean. Thought it might be worth contacting those who did it for the Kona/e-Niro/Soul/Ioniq and find out how they did it...

Thanks for any pointers!
Here you go Richard.

I think the guy just worked through all the registers trying to identify what was stored (he may also have had access to Hyundai GDS kit ;))

John.

Reactions: High & Dry

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you John! The only thing I can find is where some guy reverse engineered the Volvo data files that come with the official Volvo dealer software; however it's unlikely I can persuade him to do the same for the Polestar :( Pity!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts