Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nuWorld Energy Ltd are hosting an EV Open day on Saturday 11th October at the Chesterfield College Automotive Centre.

The event is aimed at increasing the awareness of currently available EV's on the market and to promote local businesses and the general public to consider an EV as there next vehicle.

If you would like to talk about EV ownership and how it has effected you, please get in touch as we have slots available in our mini seminar type area.

If you would like to attend, please feel free to come and show your support.

I will update more details in the coming weeks.

Mark

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not although we could do a rerun if that EV advert to see how few people we could wake up in the quiet market town of Chesterfield.

I will ammend tomorrow, but sure I checked?!?

·
Registered
105 Posts
nuWorld Energy Ltd are hosting an EV Open day on Saturday 11th October at the Chesterfield College Automotive Centre.

The event is aimed at increasing the awareness of currently available EV's on the market and to promote local businesses and the general public to consider an EV as there next vehicle.

If you would like to talk about EV ownership and how it has effected you, please get in touch as we have slots available in our mini seminar type area.

If you would like to attend, please feel free to come and show your support.

I will update more details in the coming weeks.

Mark

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

We have the below confirmed as attending:
BMW i3
BMW i8
Nissan Leaf
Nissan eNV200
VW eGolf
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
Renault Zoe
Renault Twizzy
Renault Kangoo ZE
Toyota Prius

Awaiting confirmation of:
Tesla Roadster
Tesla Model S (let diwn at last minute, looking for a local owner to step in)

Also awaiting confirmation on a Formula E car being onsite.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'll do my best to be there :)

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Ironically it's too far for me to make it in my Leaf! I can probably get a top-off at Grantham and Tibshelf rapids, however, it'd be more comfortable if there was some destination charging available? Zapmap/Plugshare only lists two dealer chargers.

I wonder if I can draft Alexander all the way there ... probably not ;-)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ironically it's too far for me to make it in my Leaf! I can probably get a top-off at Grantham and Tibshelf rapids, however, it'd be more comfortable if there was some destination charging available? Zapmap/Plugshare only lists two dealer chargers.

I wonder if I can draft Alexander all the way there ... probably not ;-)
Are you near to the Cambridge area? More than welcome to hitch a lift... I have one spare seat! Can charge your car at mine while we are out if you wanted...

Reactions: Just Leaf It

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We will have some limited charging onsite.

Unfortunately our local area is a black hole of EV charging and that is a big reason we are doing this.

We have invited all the hotels and leisure facilities in the region.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Are you near to the Cambridge area? More than welcome to hitch a lift... I have one spare seat! Can charge your car at mine while we are out if you wanted...
Just noticed you are in Peterborough, honestly if you do want a lift then you can come with me, we might have to fit in a charging stop at some point but shouldn't be for too long...!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
If I can make it, it will be in an Ampera, but no-one is interested in those ;)

Is this a family friendly event as I may be bringing my 8yr old daughter. I assume it's a drop-in event.

You invited the local media btw?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,

We asked a local Ampera dealer from Sheffield to attend, but low and behold..... it won't be represented! All other cars are represented by dealers, except the Tesla's and the Ampera.

Unless you want to be there for the duration and allow people to look around??

It is family friendly, as much as possible.... I am not sure if you know Chesterfield, but it is right next door to a Tesco Extra and there is also a cafe and children's play area within the stadium.

we have a radio campaign to raise awareness of the event to locals, inc businesses. we have also invited the local paper to run an article on the event.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
That's disappointing Mark, if not surprising. Was it Pentagon Sheffield? If so, I may ring Lisa and have words!

If I was committing to being there for the duration, I wouldn't be able to bring my daughter as it wouldn't be fair.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Pentagon say they have no-one available...but I should be ok to attend for the duration.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,

Due to an increasing amount of expected footfall, we had to move the event to the Proact Stadium.

I thought I updated this forum, but appears not. I will update when back in the office.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts