Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come celebrate the world record channel crossing of an EV boat by New Electric.

Due to arrive at:
The Beach in front of Dover Sea Sports Centre
Esplanade
Dover
Kent CT17 9FS

on the morning tide!

Come be part of the world record EV celebration :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Paul do you have any idea when that will be? Will we have to wait till spring? Do you have any links to where I can find more about the project?

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
AFAIK they are hoping to do it as soon as a suitable weather window appears but I don't have any more info.

You could follow New Electric on Twitter at @NewElectric or New Electric (@NewElectric) | Twitter if you want the latest news or see their web site at New Electric - New Electric NL

They are a great bunch of guys at New Electric and I have met Anne Kloppenborg and his people a couple of times when they came over. Last time Anne bought the boat and I saw it in the "flesh". Very impressive electric conversion.

This will be a true first when it happens.

·
Registered
183 Posts
AFAIK they are hoping to do it as soon as a suitable weather window appears but I don't have any more info.

You could follow New Electric on Twitter at @NewElectric or New Electric (@NewElectric) | Twitter if you want the latest news or see their web site at New Electric - New Electric NL

They are a great bunch of guys at New Electric and I have met Anne Kloppenborg and his people a couple of times when they came over. Last time Anne bought the boat and I saw it in the "flesh". Very impressive electric conversion.

This will be a true first when it happens.
Thanks for that Paul I was expecting a larger boat with the deck covered in solar panels. I will keep an eye on there activities. I some times go over to Amsterdam so will look out for their bout on the canals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts