Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just renewed my VED disk which arrived in today's post and I have realised that EV drivers that need taxing after September will go online to pay nothing for the privilege of receiving nothing which they then don't have to display on the windscreen.

I find it surrealistic.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Well,we're no longer carrying around gallons of liquids to make the car go..minimalistic,too...

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I hadn't realised this. I've just received my sept disc, so this will be the last month of issue for EV ones then? Collectors item!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I take delivery of a new LEAF on the 26th, the dealers will apply for the VEL the same day,by post. It will be posted to them to post onwards to me. It should arrive mid October! Should I then display it or frame it?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I think I'd frame it!
.....Although to do so would perhaps lower the value of my September-dated limited edition disc

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
A thought:- Virtually every Public car park has a condition of compliance to its rules that requires the display of a current VEL. I wonder how many people will receive FPT's etc issued by the normal jobsworths that seem to be employed by Car Park owners?
No doubt many people will be fined for not displaying something they do not need to have.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
A thought:- Virtually every Public car park has a condition of compliance to its rules that requires the display of a current VEL. I wonder how many people will receive FPT's etc issued by the normal jobsworths that seem to be employed by Car Park owners?
No doubt many people will be fined for not displaying something they do not need to have.
NPR cameras or database access required for the park owners? If it's no longer a legal requirement to display one for road use,surely a car park hasn't the clout to contradict that..though I'd love to see the first one try...

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
NPR cameras or database access required for the park owners? If it's no longer a legal requirement to display one for road use,surely a car park hasn't the clout to contradict that..though I'd love to see the first one try...
Me too. Can whoever it happens to first promise to post up their 'experience' here, please?

Reactions: EV Rider

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I did notice that you can actually tax your car again if its already taxed so if you want to hang on to a paper disc a bit longer you can just apply now and get another 12 months. Pointless but free......
But you will no longer be able to sell a car with tax on, so we will have to fill in forms to claim back .......nothing, doh.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
But you will no longer be able to sell a car with tax on, so we will have to fill in forms to claim back .......nothing, doh.
The v14 reclaim form will not be needed. Their system upon receiving the v5 sold or transfer notice will automatically refund any money due to the previous owner.

Reactions: kentish zoe

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
It was always handy having the disc as a reminder of expiry date. Maybe finally they will join the 21st century and send renewal reminders by email (and refunds by bank transfer would save postage and paper too !)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It was always handy having the disc as a reminder of expiry date. Maybe finally they will join the 21st century and send renewal reminders by email (and refunds by bank transfer would save postage and paper too !)
Car tax? My car don't need no steenkin car tax..:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts