Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

441 - 460 of 570 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,751 Posts
we;re complaining at import prices. congrats on making £6 out of the batteries that cost you £10000.
Didn't pay quite so much but point taken. Guess I'll need a few days of £6 profits to make them pay for themselves.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Didn't pay quite so much but point taken. Guess I'll need a few days of £6 profits to make them pay for themselves.
question... does it pay off having import prices all day between 20 and 35p? been over 20p all day today since 9AM. surely you got to import some in order to discharge it later

·
Super Moderator
7,751 Posts
question... does it pay off having import prices all day between 20 and 35p? been over 20p all day today since 9AM. surely you got to import some in order to discharge it later
I imported at 10p, used a bit until lunch, then the sun came out, topped back to 100%, now going to start discharging

·
Registered
419 Posts
C****t! Just seen tomorrow's prices at 35p most of the day. I don't need to charge the car but I reckon I'm going to get the Kelly Kettle out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was really happy with our new Agile tariff, getting up at 2:30 in the morning to set the tumble dryer going etc (only joking, thanks to delay start!) but these last couple of days the rates have been getting distinctly higher, with the average getting to the point where it doesn't make up for having the oven on at 16:30. Has anyone had enough time with this tariff to know wether this
is simply a blip, or is it likely to continue till spring ?
Just about to add my post, you may find interesting.

·
Registered
411 Posts
For those who want daily cost comparisons of Go and Agile, then I would recommend the App - Octopus Compare.
worth noting that those apps compare based on your current usage. so always consider that if you were on the other tariff, that you would average better p/kwh than what your current usage does (as you use it in line with your current tariff).

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Currently averaging £183pm of free money from the banks with no upfront cost/risk :) Learned a long time ago never to buy something I can't take with me to another house, not heaven or hell lol, never finance anything, or does not payback whilst still under warranty :) Hence Scrooge.... lol. Still, I'm very jealous of your system!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah, I was on their variable tariff while waiting for my smart meter to link up with Octopus. Today was 21.5p all day on variable, so goodness knows what tomorrow will be like.

Thank heavens my acceptance came through today for Go Faster from tomorrow. That's a pretty good turn around. I joined Octopus on Dec 28, they fitted my smart meter on Jan 5 and put me on Go Faster Jan 13.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Is it possible to switch between Agile and Go in the App, or does one have to contact customer services?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks very much for that link. We’ve done well on Agile since switching so going to wait it out for a month.
£8 more last week for our usage on Agile and £12 over the last month compared to Go.
Switching now with no ability to flip back for 30 days could be more costly.
Just need a bit of wind!

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's around or above 30p for nearly 12 hours on Wednesday, That's ridiculous.
Can't even change tarriff. Either their website's broken or they're blocking changes at the moment. Just errors out with 'technical issues' every time on the page where you have to accept T&C.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,452 Posts
I moved to Go Faster Monday 00:00

Agile was proving how fragile I was looking at the prices recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

441 - 460 of 570 Posts